What's new

First blood...

Only been wet shaving with a DE razor for a few weeks, and only every other day, so let's say I'm about 10 shaves along. Been doing well, and my beard reduction has resulted in very little irritation and no bleeding. Slow and steady.

Well, today I drew first blood......on my nose. 😄😄😄

I was trying to touch up under my nose and came in too high and too hot and jammed the blade into the edge of my nostril. I'm on blood thinners and couldn't believe the amount of blood running down my lip. I looked like Rocky Balboa.

Anyway, I had a styptic pencil on hand and it made quick work of the bleeder.

Moral of the story: even when you're going slow and steady, you still gotta pay attention.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I think we all make this mistake eventually. I've even made that mistake with my Feather AS-D2 believe it or not, its still possible to cut yourself with a mild razor. But the cut I did was so miner on my nose nostril that it wasn't a big deal, I wasn't bleeding out or anything, and you could barely even tell that it was there.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It's gonna happen from time to time. The brain is like a butterfly, flitting from one thought to another. Eventually the razor gets tired of being ignored and gives you a little bite to remind you to think about what your doing with that sharp thing in your hand.

Top Bottom