What's new

First beard!

I'm growing my first beard. I lost track of my last shave, but I reckon this is about 2, 2.5 weeks of growth. I bet a co-worker lunch that I'd keep it until early May (we're teachers; that's the end of our 9-month contract). So far the bride is on board...

Sorry for the dim pictures (and nose goblins). Right now I'm a little patchy on the neck and around the mouth where the mustache meets the beard. I'm going to give it another week or so before I trim the neckline and cheeks.

$Photo on 3-18-15 at 7.26 PM.jpg

$Photo on 3-18-15 at 7.26 PM #2.jpg

$Photo on 3-18-15 at 7.27 PM.jpg

Looks good man, but please take care when doing your first trim! Do you have any plans for defining the neckline? A main thing is to not define your neckline too high. The perfect place is where your jaw/chin meets your neck.

You look like you have solid growth that will fill in later, so no worries on that front.

My plan is to let everything keep growing for another week or two to see where I stand. Things are filling in around my mustache, but my chin/neck still looks a little patchy near my throat. I could probably start training my mustache, but I'll just wait it out another week.

Things are filling in nicely. Still a little patch on the neck, but all else is well. I tightened up my sideburns, barely brought up the neckline, and did some mustache maintenance on my upper lip per Mrs. Reckoner's directive. I've been getting some "nice beard!"s at work this week.

$IMG_1726.jpg

Not to steal the thread, but where is the neck line supposed to be? I've seen many different ways. The OPS way, about halfway up around right above the Adams apple, and my last beard the line and beard ended just below my jaw, like right after the transition point from jaw bone to neck, maybe just below that.
always wondered.
thanks and sorry.
that beard is coming in nice!!! Good upkeep on it!!!

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. stoof2010, I don't think there are any hard or fast rules on where the neck line should go. I'm a bigger guy, so I've avoided bringing up my neckline/jawline to avoid having a neck pooch hanging out of the fur.

Starting to get long enough that I need to invest in a beard/stache brush. The bride thinks the long white hairs in my soul patch are hilarious.

$IMG_0002.JPG

I told the wife that I may grow mine in next fall just to see how it grows in and looks, not to mention some face protection from the cold. I'll be expecting way more white hairs than you have, so don't stress them. lol

Top Bottom