What's new

Fireworks Tonight?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ll be working all night. No fireworks for me. If I wasn’t working, still no fireworks for me.
1. I’d rather not drive 40 minutes (or any amount of time) to hang out with a bunch of people watching colorful explosives for 10 minutes.
2. Not buying any either (haven‘t for decades now) because I’d rather waste my money on other things that bring me more joy and excitement than a literal 2 second loud noise and light show.

But with that said - let’s say I wasn’t working and a friend was having a party - I’d do that for sure. Just not gonna spend my own money on it or go watch a city show.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
When I was a child I loved the fireworks ... not so much these days .. but sure the neighborhood trash will make sure that I hear some

There will be some fireworks around here, but not nearly as much as at New Years. I plan to just sip an adult beverage and stay inside. Our new puppy is going to have his first such experience and my daughter didn't get him any drugs.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I just wish the shortage would accelerate .. I am never sure what explosives have to do with patriotism anyway, they are going off here now - on what might have been a nice cool night

Leave the fireworks to the professionals. I know those who shoot them off , don’t think or even care the havoc they cause neighbors with possible PTSD , and family pets. Many states it’s against the law .

What are your plans regarding fireworks tonight?

Personally, I'm going to watch a movie. I'm a combat veteran with PTSD, but I'm not the Fun Police.

Happy Birthday, America!
Great attitude. If I had struggles with fireworks, I would talk with my neighbors. I find most, actually all, my neighbors to be very understanding. I would also try to find some alternative methods of dealing with the noise. Hope you find a great movie to watch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Movie ain't happening. Fireworks are too loud. My therapist recommended exposure therapy. So I went outside to watch.
It was okay. I went inside to tell Lady Zig to come and watch the fireworks. Instead, my brain went back to Iraq. Mortar fire. I felt like I was just coming in the base from combat (in the wire) and instead, I told her to get down.

She gave me her earbuds (don't buy RayCon, no matter what the YouTube ads say) and put on an audio book. And gave me an adult beverage.

I know drinking isn't the way to deal with this, but I'm not hurting anybody so I don't care.
I'll feel bad later.

F no. I live in California, home to drought and wildfires. I love this country, and I don't need fireworks to show my patriotism. In fact, the cities/counties have called off the fireworks shows, and using "personal" fireworks would be incredibly tone-deaf in the current climate (no pun intended). I will be the Fun Police if necessary, because I don't want my neighborhood burned to the ground.

Movie ain't happening. Fireworks are too loud. My therapist recommended exposure therapy. So I went outside to watch.
It was okay. I went inside to tell Lady Zig to come and watch the fireworks. Instead, my brain went back to Iraq. Mortar fire. I felt like I was just coming in the base from combat (in the wire) and instead, I told her to get down.

She gave me her earbuds (don't buy RayCon, no matter what the YouTube ads say) and put on an audio book. And gave me an adult beverage.

I know drinking isn't the way to deal with this, but I'm not hurting anybody so I don't care.
I'll feel bad later.
Sorry, buddy. Thanks for serving. My dad did, too, and had PTSD from Vietnam before there was a term for it. I feel for you.

I'll feel bad later.

You deal with it however you need to. There is no need to concern yourself with it. Although I don't have PSTD, I have plenty of brothers in the military that do. Each one deals with it on their own terms. It is a tough battle, but one you can win, or at least survive.

F no. I live in California, home to drought and wildfires. I love this country, and I don't need fireworks to show my patriotism. In fact, the cities/counties have called off the fireworks shows, and using "personal" fireworks would be incredibly tone-deaf in the current climate (no pun intended). I will be the Fun Police if necessary, because I don't want my neighborhood burned to the ground.
I certainly understand the lack of fireworks in California, with the lack of rain. For areas that are safe for the festivities, there is no reason to bypass the amazing display of colors.

Top Bottom