What's new

Fire hose pants

Much cheaper and just as good options out there. I doubt you will stand down a beaver in a pair but they do hold up pretty well.

I have a pair. Very sturdy - very warm. Almost TOO warm if I wear them in the summer. Not thrilled as much with the cut of them.

They're too heavy for summer wear. That said for hard field use in fall/winter, they are well made.

For day to day wear (office, range, hunting, pretty much everything) I wear the Wrangler "Riggs" (sub-brand) Ranger cargo pants. They're ripstop, fit rather like summerweight BDUs, and are stout enough to hold up to hard use (being made for construction workers) yet not overly heavy. Good pocket placement and they cost about as much as the Firehose pants.

Yes, I have ordered from Duluth and will keep ordering a great place to deal with. As to the fire hose pants they are on the heavy/stiff side of things. Generally too heavy for just wearing around unless it's real cold or you're going to be working outside in them. Duluth's buck naked boxers are excellent. Their front pocket wallet is also a winner.

Some of us care little for style, but much for utility.

And in my lifetime they have been 'in' and 'out of fashion...hmm... Three or four times already. I don't care.

I never spend that much on work pants. My job is extremely tough on pants. Even the toughest pants will get torn, ripped and burnt. For me work pants are a consumable item. I cannot justify paying that much for them.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
When I read the title of this thread, I couldn't help but think of letterk.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of their Longtail Pocket T shirts. I like the extra length and they seem to hold up pretty well. I haven't tried any fire-hose. I don't have a use for pants that heavy.

When I read the title of this thread, I couldn't help but think of letterk.

:lol:

I'm generally pleased with the quality of the firehose vest and ballroom jeans I own from Duluth, though I wish the fabric was thicker in the jeans. I wear their longtail tees as undershirts daily.

The cost on the Firehose (or Riggs) pants is no more than I paid for BDU/ABU/DCU pants.

I am hard on my clothing and the Riggs and Firehose have both held up for over a year.

Much cheaper and just as good options out there. I doubt you will stand down a beaver in a pair but they do hold up pretty well.

I have a pair and have used them while beaver trapping. They are great pants and, I think, worth the extra money.

I have a bunch of their Longtail Pocket T shirts. I like the extra length and they seem to hold up pretty well. I haven't tried any fire-hose. I don't have a use for pants that heavy.

I buy their longtail t-shirts also. They are extremely durable. They are soft. They don't shrink. They come at an average price, but are on sale often. One thing DTC does is have high quality products.

At $50, I wouldn't consider that price to be extremely high, though as a work pant, it should probably be lowered by 10-15 dollars. I don't know about the rest of you, but non-walmart or sears brand jeans are at this same price-range. Sure, you can get cheap jeans, but they often deteriorate quickly, are uncomfortable, and have terrible cuts.

I've ordered from there from time to time for a variety of items...gloves, work pants, shirts. Always happy with how well they hold up with my daily use of them outdoors in the snow and cold.

I'm a chimney sweep and I use Firehose pants....love 'em! This business is hard on clothing and me. Have the seat covers for my new Nissan NV, also made out of Firehose material. I would highly recommend Duluth Trading!

Top Bottom