What's new

Finished two more resores last weekend. Pics enclosed.

I finished a couple more brush restores recently. The first was an Ever-Ready 100. I put in a TGN Best Badger (bulb) 18mm set at 45mm. The second was a butterscotch Made Rite #53. I put a TGN Super Adjustable (fan) 20mm set at 45mm. The first pic is after I set the knots, the second pic is after I hand lathered each of them twice.

Attachments

• $new knots1.jpg
    $new knots1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 261
  • $new knots bloom.jpg
    $new knots bloom.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 261
Really nice work there DDK, those handles look pristine. Were they in that nice of a condition when you started ?
I think your next needs to be a nice green one. :=)

Really nice work there DDK, those handles look pristine. Were they in that nice of a condition when you started ?
I think your next needs to be a nice green one. :=)

They were both in excellent shape. No polishing needed. I'm still looking for a ER 52c or 925 to do. In both, black and green, and black and yellow. Then I will be done. That will put my brush total at 9. I think that's enough. Maybe.....LOL!

What do you recommend to polish handles? I have ER 400BN, Erskine, ER 100T and a Made Rite. they are all a little dull and trying to figure out how to get the shine back?!

I've used a few different polishing products. Brasso was okay, but I then needed to actually wax the handle to get a good shine to it. I think turtle wax is a good way to go.

I use the Novus plastic polish system. It has 2 liquid abrasives and a finishing spray. Works great on everything from car headlights to straight razor scales :)

Top Bottom