What's new

Fine Accoutrements Soap

From what's been said the soap is tripple milled, so more like Tabac than an italian soft soap. I just hope it has more fragrance than the RR version had.

Best of luck to them. Several artisan shops seem to be going belly up recently. This is one shop that deserves everyone's support. I like their willingness to embrace tradition. Their choices for aftershave scents, their "revival" of the Ever-Ready style brush handle- all show their respect for tradition. Once reviews start coming in I could see this soap giving Proraso a rest and serving as my new "Sunday soap." The splash really smells like a "shaving" product- not like a barbershop, as many seem to think. Its derivative of old original Noxzema shave cream in scent. So its really a perfect scent for a shave soap.

So I could sell my original tub of the RR collaboration which has 1 shave on it for around $600? I would agree that seems absurd, especially since the scent is fairly weak and thus wasn't produced again.

Looking forward to the new soap. There was some discussion about this when it was announced but can't find it while on Tapatalk.

From his website:
https://www.fineaccoutrements.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SS_AB

Fine Accoutrements is proud to announce the upcoming release of Fine Classic Shaving Soap!

From the very beginnings of Fine Accoutrements, it was obvious that a soap offering was needed to fulfill the promise of a truly “Fine Shave”. However, given the impact that Fine Classic After Shave has had on the traditional wet shaving community, I felt a responsibility not to tarnish the Brand by slapping the name on a product that wasn’t similarly remarkable. This has proven much more difficult with soap than it was with aftershave.

It’s easy to forget that “craft aftershave” barely existed (outside of bay rum) at the time Fine Accoutrements was launched 3 years ago. There were the big European brands, the drugstore American Brands, and precious little in between. There were certainly some products out there, but most had the feel of a soap-maker’s afterthought, and the beautiful glass flask bottles we made famous were nowhere to be found. In other words, the world was ripe for something new, and our updated take on Alt-Innsbruck was just lucky enough to hit the mark.

The competitive landscape of shaving soap in 2016 is a much different beast. The world is full of not just good, but great shaving soaps, many of which can even be had at reasonable prices. Creating a product worthy of distinction in such an environment is no easy task, but… I think I’ve done it!

From the beginning of my endeavor to create my dream shaving soap, I had a straight forward goal: the lather of Tabac, with the Fine scents. Little did I know how difficult such a thing is to achieve. I talked to every large American Soap maker in an attempt to duplicate the Tabac experience, but to no avail. I even paid one $3,000 in an attempt to reverse engineer the ingredient list, but after 46 different attempts, the exercise proved to be nothing more than time and money down the drain. It became clear that something was lost in soap manufacturing while coming to the new world (at least when it comes to shaving).

As frustrating, time consuming, and expensive as that experience was, it also marked the turning point in my endeavor, because I finally got the idea to just start calling around Europe. It was this decision that led to a moment, months later, where I received a sample of a soap base with a lather and ingredient list (ex- fragrance components) identical to Tabac! It was love at first lather, and I soon struck an exclusive agreement with the single manufacturer that had access to this soap, and could produce it in appropriate volumes, to utilize it for Fine Classic Shaving Soap.

Although I could not obtain official confirmation that the soap base I had discovered is the same as used in Tabac, I have little reason to suspect otherwise. Regardless, even if I’m wrong, I’m still happy to bring to market a triple-milled, tallow-based soap with lather remarkably similar to Tabac. But if I’m right, wet shavers will now have access to what amounts to the first new scent(s) of Tabac since Sir Irish Moos!

Made in The Netherlands, Fine American Blend Soap will be available in March 2016, in a 3.5 oz. (100 g.) puck, for $12.50 each. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

- Mr. Fine

Ingredients (INCI): Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Aqua, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Tallowate, Fragrance, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerine, Benzyl salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Potassium Hydroxide, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Citronellol, Sodium Hydroxide, Geraniol, Citral, Eugenol

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Highlights

• Renowned Triple Milled Tallow Base
  • Beloved Fine Fragrances
  • 72 mm Diameter
  • 25 mm Thickness
  • Performs in Hard Water
  • Contains No Artificial Colors
  • Made in the Netherlands

Well I'm extremely excited about it. I can't stand the scent of tabac but love it's performance. If they do truly dial it in I'm set.

I second that... Sir hare is awesome. Post shave is top notch. However, I'll still be buying the Fine soap.
I'm gonna shave with SirHare tomorrow !!!

I really like the Fine American Blend aftershave, so I'll be giving this one a shot, even though, like most of us, I have enough soaps to last forever. I signed up on the mailing list for the release a few weeks back. I may even throw in their brush because I'm getting curious about these synthetic ones. Mr. Fine has an interesting story so I don't mind supporting him.

I had a Tabac on rye last night.
Last night I grilled up a half dozen sticks of Arko & served them on toasted buns with good German mustard, home made dill pickle relish, chopped Vidalia onions, and a lovely cole slaw made with diced and chopped Williams Mug Soap.

Top Bottom