What's new

Finally tried a Boar brush!

I have the VDH Deluxe(white handle) and have found I reach for it more than the Edwin Jagger best badger brush anymore. I have had each about 18 months and feel I really have lathering pretty well understood now and what each brush can do for me. I have found the boar just lathers my hard soaps better. I only use a couple of shave creams (proraso and Razorock Cacao) and the badger is great for them but the VDH just outperforms the Jagger on soaps.
I have been itching to spend some money for a while and a new boar brush from Semogue seems to be just the ticket. I have found lots of good advice and experience in the members comments.

I have the VDH Deluxe(white handle) and have found I reach for it more than the Edwin Jagger best badger brush anymore. I have had each about 18 months and feel I really have lathering pretty well understood now and what each brush can do for me. I have found the boar just lathers my hard soaps better. I only use a couple of shave creams (proraso and Razorock Cacao) and the badger is great for them but the VDH just outperforms the Jagger on soaps.
I have been itching to spend some money for a while and a new boar brush from Semogue seems to be just the ticket. I have found lots of good advice and experience in the members comments.

Boars are great brushes! they feel different than badgers. If you like your VDH brush, you will love an Omega or a Semogue. They are on a different level of boar brush.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Semogue is a super great option to consider. My 1305 and 1438 are both superb. I don't even own a Badger brush at this time (EGAD!)... I would imagine I will ask for a simple Simpson for Christmas, but I will remain a big semogue fan...Omega is a fantastic outfit as well....Much love there too!

Top Bottom