What's new

Finally! My birth year razor!

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
After three separate attempts to trade a Slim for an '82 C-3 Super Adjustable or Super Speed, and much fruitless searching on eBay, I finally found my Black Beauty. And beauty she is:

$IMAG0970.jpg
$IMAG0971.jpg
$IMAG0972.jpg

I decided to give the B/S/T one more chance, and I found an old FS thread from December that had one, and it wasn't listed as sold. I PMed the seller on the off chance he still had it, and sure enough, he did, so I jumped on it. It just came in the mail today, and I can't wipe the grin off my face.

Agression-wise, how do these compare with a Slim? When I got my first Slim, I started at 1 and worked my way up until I found a good setting for me. Should I repeat the process for this one, or are they comparable enough that I can comfortably jump ahead and fiddle around from there?

Congrats on your Beauty! I've gone the straight route but that is one of the two DE's that I would still like to have in my arsenal. I've not shaved with one so can't give you a direct comparison, but one piece of advice I got from someone is to treat each razor as an individual with its own characteristics, then learn it so you can dial it in. That's what I would suggest; treat it like you treated your Slim when you first got it.

Agression-wise, how do these compare with a Slim?

They say that a Super Adjustable set to (1) is the most mild shave you can get from a DE razor. So mild that it actually has problems cutting hair depending on the situation. Comes in handy if you have spots which get really easily irritated.

Kilroy6644

They say that a Super Adjustable set to (1) is the most mild shave you can get from a DE razor. So mild that it actually has problems cutting hair depending on the situation. Comes in handy if you have spots which get really easily irritated.

Milder than a Slim at 1? That's pretty mild.

I found my birth quarter Fatboy in Canada! Case says Boston but blade case says Canada. Took me a while to get it although a certain auction site usually has a few but tougher to find with a case and in good condition.

I got my G-2 last year off the bay. I over paid but well worth it. I now have a gillette from 1904 and one from 1986! :w00t:

The Slim and the BB have the same head. If you already have a setting you're comfortable with, I'd recommend you start there.

Kilroy6644

Used it for the first time today (I was saving it for my birthday). Had it set on 5 with a Voskhod blade, and the shave was fantastic.And to top off a birthday that started with a good shave, what did I get? An heirloom razor! An A1 '55 Super Speed that belonged to my grandparents. I guess it was Grandpa's, then he got a new razor and gave it to Grandma.

$IMAG1002.jpg

Top Bottom