What's new

Fess up. Cherry. Who smokes it?

I have some Boswell Bear Blend, which is supposed to have some Cherry in it along with Latakia, but I haven't tried it.

I might throw some cherry in a latakia mix and see what happens. I have a feeling it could work. Thanks for the idea.

I smoke this. There. I said it.

$c2f336c9d8232de10b40.jpg

I might throw some cherry in a latakia mix and see what happens. I have a feeling it could work. Thanks for the idea.

I got hooked on JR's bulk black cherry mixed with cordial cherry mixed with Latakia!.. IMO the roomnote is amazing! And the taste is amazing!.... BUT I have been told it smells terrible...

Mind you... The only cherry I have is captain black. But yeah, that's what I have so let's just see what happens. Small cherry ratio to start with.

Sooooo I mixed 20% hg & co cherry with 80% squadron leader. Couldn't taste the cherry at all and the latakia turned into a Cavendish taste/flat. Lost the best of both worlds. Disappointing and strange.

Anyone else to for making a try on this? (That works)

Last edited:
I tried it after lunch, mixing two Milan blends - King's Ransom and Cherry Bon Bon - about 50/50. I got a nice latakia-derived sweet aromatic new flavor all its own. Not bad but I think I'd like being able to pick out both latakia and cherry components more clearly...I wonder if I should try to load the bowl with one on the left and one on the right instead of mixing them, or try more extreme latakia and cherry blends, or try to make a cherry topping to add to a latakia blend, or try to infuse a latakia blend with cherry vapors...

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I tried it after lunch, mixing two Milan blends - King's Ransom and Cherry Bon Bon - about 50/50. I got a nice latakia-derived sweet aromatic new flavor all its own. Not bad but I think I'd like being able to pick out both latakia and cherry components more clearly...I wonder if I should try to load the bowl with one on the left and one on the right instead of mixing them, or try more extreme latakia and cherry blends, or try to make a cherry topping to add to a latakia blend, or try to infuse a latakia blend with cherry vapors...
Food processor with 50/50 dried cherries and latakia. Let me know how the cherries smoke.

In the past couple of days I've been smoking Sutliff's April Dawn. Isn't that bad. Smells really strong out of the tin but the flavor in the smoke isn't too strong. Doesn't bite much either

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Had a couple of bowls of Missouri Meerschaum's Great Dane, which is a cherry/vanilla Cavendish blend. It has a light, nice aroma from the pouch, but hardly any room note or flavor once lit. Just meh, imo.

Tried a cherry a while back. At first it grossed me out. So sticky, sickly and goopy.

But then, I liked it. Near the end of the bowl I was quite enjoying it. Like a rich dessert, once in a while but a rare thing.

Anyone here get into the cherries?

(The cob tasted of cherry for a few weeks after just one bowl. Freaky)
The closest I get to cherry tobacco would be Boswell's PA Dutch Treat, which I think has some cherry topping.

Try Boswell's Cherry Smash. Seems to get great reviews.

Top Bottom