What's new

Feather Popular Razor

Popular is a great shaver, but IMO it's too mild for headshaving.
I can't get a proper BBS on my skull with the Popular.
so do you find yourself going over the same stop over and over?

btw which blade youve been using in the popular?

so do you find yourself going over the same stop over and over?

btw which blade youve been using in the popular?
For head shave I usually use my Lady Gillette or one of my Tech's.

When I bought my Popular some years ago I used Feather blades.
But Feather blades are not the best for me, very sharp but no longevity and not smooth at all
Astra SS and Lord Silver Star are great blades for Popular, but YMMV as always

Reactions: saj
For head shave I usually use my Lady Gillette or one of my Tech's.

When I bought my Popular some years ago I used Feather blades.
But Feather blades are not the best for me, very sharp but no longevity and not smooth at all
Astra SS and Lord Silver Star are great blades for Popular, but YMMV as always
i do like my tech a lot, its a very nice mild and efficent razor

only thing i'd wish for with the tech is if it had a longer handle, its quite a short handle,
is the fat handle tech longer then the standard handle on the techs?

i do like my tech a lot, its a very nice mild and efficent razor

only thing i'd wish for with the tech is if it had a longer handle, its quite a short handle,
is the fat handle tech longer then the standard handle on the techs?
Agree, the Tech should have longer handle 😊
The Fat Handle is the same length as my brass Ball End and maybe 5-10 mm longer than my aluminium Tech.
I have tried the Tech head with my two handles from Lord.
The Lord L5 is shorter than Lord L6.
But Tech head and Lird handle feels a bit awkward, the handle is too light

Agree, the Tech should have longer handle 😊
The Fat Handle is the same length as my brass Ball End and maybe 5-10 mm longer than my aluminium Tech.
I have tried the Tech head with my two handles from Lord.
The Lord L5 is shorter than Lord L6.
But Tech head and Lird handle feels a bit awkward, the handle is too light
Yea never tried any Lord razors so got no idea what the handles are like so I'll take your word for it 👍

Yea never tried any Lord razors so got no idea what the handles are like so I'll take your word for it 👍
Lord razors have very long handles, made out of hollow aluminium, the weight is next to nothing.
Lord L5 is a very nice Tech clone and Lord L6 is a very nice and cheap razor with a Merkur like head.
The price is from 6 to appr 10 Euros.
I love my Lord's, mild and efficient, very cheap, perfect for travel, it won't break your bank if you left it behind in a hotel.

Lord razors have very long handles, made out of hollow aluminium, the weight is next to nothing.
Lord L5 is a very nice Tech clone and Lord L6 is a very nice and cheap razor with a Merkur like head.
The price is from 6 to appr 10 Euros.
I love my Lord's, mild and efficient, very cheap, perfect for travel, it won't break your bank if you left it behind in a hotel.
Cool don't tempt me lol

Cool don't tempt me lol
Well, here is a pic for comparison.
Fat Handle, Ball End, Lord L5, Lord L6 and Feather Popular 😊
IMG_20210513_154503.jpg

It is a fine razor. If you want a tech with a longer handle, you may try one of these. They are SUPER cheap and shave quite nice, I think. gillette super blue shaving razor - Bing images

Not saying this is a tech, just to me sorta shaves like one. Anyway...cheap...buy one haha
cool, dont think i've seen these before, looks like theyre targetted for somewhere in the east i assume,
do you know if you can get them from ebay uk or amazon uk do you know?

What about these gillette safety razors? any idea what theyre like? are they mild of aggressive etc

Seem to be called gillette 7 o clock safety razors

Well, here is a pic for comparison.
Fat Handle, Ball End, Lord L5, Lord L6 and Feather Popular 😊
View attachment 1265968
yea well even though ive not used the feather popular yet i've read and heard everyone saying its a mild rezor and with such a nice long handle i would think and assume that it would be a really good razor for someone starting out in wet shaving and moving to de razors from cartridge razors as its has a long handle and as you know most catridge razors have decent size handles too

yea well even though ive not used the feather popular yet i've read and heard everyone saying its a mild rezor and with such a nice long handle i would think and assume that it would be a really good razor for someone starting out in wet shaving and moving to de razors from cartridge razors as its has a long handle and as you know most catridge razors have decent size handles too
I really love my Feather Popular, even if it is a bit too mild.
As you say, it is a good beginners razor but it is a bit sensitive on what angle you have.
The sweet spot is a bit narrow but if you get your technique/angle right you will have a really good razor.

I really love my Feather Popular, even if it is a bit too mild.
As you say, it is a good beginners razor but it is a bit sensitive on what angle you have.
The sweet spot is a bit narrow but if you get your technique/angle right you will have a really good razor.
Yep. I tried pressure first (newb) to try to make it shave close. What I got was irritation and frustration. Find the right angle and pay attention to it. Not compensate for improper angle with more pressure LOL

cool, dont think i've seen these before, looks like theyre targetted for somewhere in the east i assume,
do you know if you can get them from ebay uk or amazon uk do you know?

What about these gillette safety razors? any idea what theyre like? are they mild of aggressive etc

Seem to be called gillette 7 o clock safety razors

I got the one I posted off aliexpress. Seems to be the only place I have seen them. Cheap enough but shipping takes a bit. To the US anyway.

No experience with the Gillettes you posted.

Top Bottom