What's new

Feather blade fans -- what razor ??

Greetings.

To all the Feather blade adherents out there -- what razor are you using?

In my SuperSpeed, at least, I'm finding that while I get a wonderful shave on my face, it's well nigh impossible to shave between nose & lip w/o a nick -- and the neck's only marginally better.

Thanks.

- Richard

I have tried the following:

47 Aristocrat - VERY dangerous
58 Superspeed - less so, but still peeled my face away :)
British tech - better - damn near manageable IF I shave SUPER slow and very very carefully.

These are the only blades I use and I've tried them in an HD, Superspeed and Sticky. I have to say that I've come full circle and use my HD for a majority of shaves. The combination is working very well for me now.

...58 Superspeed - less so, but still peeled my face away :) ...
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. :redface:

Feather works great for me in my 38C Merkur. My Gillette razors tend to like Derby blades.
+1
Yep, I find my Gillette Slim Adjustable and Derby Extra to be a fine combination.
(Schick Krona & Derby -- not so happy).

These are the only blades I use and I've tried them in an HD, Superspeed and Sticky. ...
Sticky?

I've been using a feather in my Hoffritz slant on mornings where I'm a bit rushed- getting real good (but not great) shaves in 3 passes, still can't handle an ATG pass with one.

-Ray

Right now it is the Slant. However, I am looking to try them in a NEW. They really did not work for me in the Aristocrat, way too harsh.

Just tried a feather in my 39c last night. It was very nice. The 39c seems to be easier to control than the standard slant. I got less irritation than with the slant regular. I did get some blotchiness on my neck area. That is usual with feathers though. No matter what razor I use.

With me, feather is my first choise in any razor. I use it with my new, SS red and flare, Aristocrat, Futur, slant, tech, etc.. I find that if I dont use a realy sharp blade I get red bumps as if i'm grasped. My second best in blades is the Swedish Gillette:smile:

THAT IS FOR ME:wink:

Top Bottom