What's new

Feather AS-D2 vs Ikon 102 vs ATT S1

Gentlemen, shaved this morning with my ATT S1 slant. Put in a new Gillette Silver Blue blade. Also used my new Floid Pre-Shave Oil for the first time. Good stuff! Well the S1 was just superb! Got a DFS on the first pass and a BBS on the second pass! No nicks/weepers/irritation! I like both of my slants even though they both shave differently. The ATT S1 torques the blade whereas the iKon SC 102 does not. Both feel very smooth on my face, the 102's head is aluminum whereas the S1 head is SS and a little smaller than the 102. I did get a couple of weepers with my 102 a couple of days ago, however, I attribute those mostly to my "sloppy" technique and using too much pressure. I am suppose to receive my Feather AS-D2 tomorrow, so I will probably use it Tuesday morning. Will do my next review on the Feather then! Stay tuned!:thumbup1:

Good Morning Gentlemen! Shaved this morning with my new Feather AS-D2 with a new Feather DE Blade . . . . . . . Wow! What a great razor! Did usual prep using Floid Pre-Shave Oil, Tabac Shaving Soap, 2 passes using all (WTG/XTG/ATG) strokes! BBS shave, no weepers/nicks/irritations whatsoever! This is one super mild razor! It is probably as mild as the OneBlade, but is a traditional DE razor. Also I did kinda missed the pivot head on the OneBlade. However, it is very well made, IMO, better made than the ATT, and I will probably not use my ATT R1 anymore (out to the pasture) as the Feather AS-D2 will replace it in my rotation! So to sum up my little comparison experience:

Mildest (least aggressive, but still efficient) - OneBlade and Feather AS-D2 - tied
Most aggressive - iKon ShaveCraft 102 Slant
Favorite Slants - iKon ShaveCraft 102 and ATT S1 - they each shave differently and I am very impressed with the "slant theory of
slicing the whiskers vs chopping them off)! Can't really say which of the two is my "favorite", however, the ATT S1 is
less aggressive that the iKon SC 102.
All four of the above razors are, IMO, super-great razors and will all stay in my rotation!!:thumbup: I should also probably mention that, IMO, the Merkur Progress/Mergress is the best adjustable razor that I have tried and it also does a very efficient job, with no irritation, if you set it at your correct "individual number" (I have mine set at 1 1/2).

Hope my reviews have been helpful!:001_smile

Top Bottom