What's new

Favorites no longer favorites?

Do you ever find that the favorite smelling soap/cream in your rotation suddenly is no longer in that category? There are some soaps and creams that only a few months ago were my absolute favorites, and then suddenly they weren't. I don't know if it is just a phase, or what.

I love T&H West Indian Limes - but lately I have been kind of turned off by the scent, a little too sickly sweet for me. I don't know why. Maybe it is just a phase.

At the same time, I used to not like rose-scented products, but now I really enjoy my TOBS Rose cream.

Anybody else have this problem?

I wouldn't look at it as a problem, but rather an opportunity to expose yourself to new and different things. Watch about a hundred guys read that as "buy more crap!".

I think it's possible to crave a certain smell in the same way you crave a certain food, or in some cases don't. I say just roll with it and be thankful you have enough to keep you happy in your rotation. :wink:

Yes, but not the same way you do. I'm not turned off by my old favorites. My old favorites aren't my favorites anymore just because I recently bought a ton of SCS EDTs, and I'd never smelled things so good, like Bay Rum with a Twist. So it's at the top and everything else moves down.

I think the novelty of a new find eventually wears off.

When that happens, put it away for awhile. Then you can rediscover it later.

Top Bottom