What's new

favorite soda ?

I probably average about four bottles of soda annually. But when I indulge, it's Boylan's Black Cherry for me. Made with real sugar, it looks like cabernet when served in a stem glass. Great camouflage for an ex-drinker like myself. :smile:

Coca Cola siderailed from the Mexican Market. Available from Amazon Fresh and my local Costco sometimes. Made with real cane sugar rather than that corn syrup slop.

Mmmmmmm.
:001_tongu

Any of the Foxon Park Sodas made in Connecticut. They are made with Cane Suger and have a lighter, drier flavor than stuff made with High Fructose Corn Syrup. The Birch Beer is a classic old style soda. The Gassasso is a very citrusy lemon-lime, very highly carbonated soda. Great on a hot summer day. The Ginger Ale makes the perfect highball with some good Rye.

And of course being a New Englander...Moxie! If you have never had it it is hard to put words what it tastes like. My daugher say it tastes like medicine. By son says it is bitter. My wife says it is just plain undrinkable.

Moxie, you just gotta try some.

Always remember the one comment when my mom first brought diet soda home from the store by my dad. " If you are so worried about the calories you should not be drinking soda pop anyway."

I was working for an ice company and I was delivering to a grocery store when the Pepsi/Mountain Dew delivery guy pulls up. I look over and see the Diet Caffiene Free Mountain Dew. The guy got mad when I said," Why even make that stuff. Who drinks Mountain Dew for the taste. It is the sugar and the caffeine why people drink it."

When I worked preload at UPS every morning at 2:30 drink a Jolt Cola with a Little Charlies pizza for breakfast.

I really like Cheerwine, but cannot ge it here in KS unless I order it.

Drink a RC or DR Pepper when I drink soda.

Monterrey Mexico is the city that drinks more coke in the world, but I don't really like it so much, my favourites are:

1.- IBC Root Beer (not available locally).
2.- Joya de Manzana (apple flavor soda)
3.- Dal Valle (grapefruit flavor -with grapefruit juice- soda, it's not longer made, but it was exquisite and refreshing).

I prefer Russian Coke over any soda pop in the good ole USA. But since I don't have that option, my taste varies. I love my Mountain Dew Throwback, Fanta and Ginger Ale. Occasional Rootbeer for a mix up.

I rarely drink soda any more since I wan't to drop from 272 to 215 lbs. I will feel better and take a lot of pressure off my spine and hopefully slow down the spinal disease a little. I was close to 296 lbs in Jan 2009.

Premiums:
Henry Wienhard's root beer
Stewarts orange-vanilla

Daily drinker:
7-Up over ice, some evenings with a splash of Southern Comfort or vanilla flavored vodka.
Cactus Cooler on a hot afternoon.

Don't really drink that much soda (or what we call tonic up here in the New England state) or pop.

But one that I love to have once in awhile is Coke in a 8oz glass bottle.

Cherry Coke is what I prefer, but when I desire to have something better, I turn to Jones brand. I like all of their offerings, except for the apple one. Sodas made with real cane sugar are the best.

Top Bottom