What's new

Favorite smoke scented soaps?

I have been enjoying the wet shaving ride for a little over 4 years and have tried many soap scent and brand offerings. I was sort of sucked into the habitual "gotta get the next new one" process for awhile, but I think after all the money spent and varieties experienced, I have narrowed my preferences down to a few brands and scent profiles.

Of all of those, I tend to gravitate most towards those scents that contain that smokey profile. I do love leather and tobacco scents also, so figure my personal taste prefers more of a darker, earthy, smokey, natural profile.

I just finished a shave with Noble Otter's Plunder this morning and man, I have to say that this one has instantly became one of my top scents ever!! The smokiness of this scent is not under done and is perfect in my opinion. Plus, add to that the awesome performance and post shave of Noble Otter's base, and I am hoping that this one is around forever.

Some of the other offerings that I own and love with that smokey addition are Phoenix and Beau's Whitechapel and Spitfire, which I thoroughly love also.

Anyone else out there a fan of the smokey soaps and what are some of your favorites? Maybe there are some out there that I haven't tried that I can obtain some info for from your suggestions to try.

LOL!

Not me. Nope. Can't help! My old man smoked six cent Banker's Choice cigars. I am turning green at the gills thinking 'bout it.

Have fun, tho.

Lakewood Soap Co. Smokeberry. Great performance. Here is their description of the scent:
Juicy blackberries, old leather, and a bit of smokiness make this an intriguing masculine scent.

Lakewood Soap Co. Smokeberry. Great performance. Here is their description of the scent:
Juicy blackberries, old leather, and a bit of smokiness make this an intriguing masculine scent.
I have never heard of them, good performance and post-shave?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Cyril R Salter French Vetiver is without question my favorite. I was riding around with my wife and I kept thinking the mountains here in Colorado were on fire again. Then I realized it was the CRS French Vetiver. That soap has staying power...awesome!

Cyril R Salter French Vetiver is without question my favorite. I was riding around with my wife and I kept thinking the mountains here in Colorado were on fire again. Then I realized it was the CRS French Vetiver. That soap has staying power...awesome!
Awesome, I will give them a look, thank you!

If you wait until the fall, soap makers will sometimes release a Smokey seasonal. Declaration Grooming had one... “Darkfall” that was excellent to my nose and face.

I really like a B&M seasonal, Nocturne. This is a mulled apple cider scent with some subtle smokey notes to it. Look for it in the Fall.

I really like a B&M seasonal, Nocturne. This is a mulled apple cider scent with some subtle smokey notes to it. Look for it in the Fall.

+1 on Nocturne

if you want a smokey bath soap too you might look into Duke Cannon's Campfire or Triumph & Disaster Shearer's soap.

If you wait until the fall, soap makers will sometimes release a Smokey seasonal. Declaration Grooming had one... “Darkfall” that was excellent to my nose and face.

+1 on Darkfall. Not only one of favorite scents, but an excellent performing soap as well. If you like the smell of smoke from burning leaves during the fall, you’ll love this.

At one time, B&M did a Roam soap, with heavy smoke overtone.

roam label.jpg

I have been enjoying the wet shaving ride for a little over 4 years and have tried many soap scent and brand offerings. I was sort of sucked into the habitual "gotta get the next new one" process for awhile, but I think after all the money spent and varieties experienced, I have narrowed my preferences down to a few brands and scent profiles.

Of all of those, I tend to gravitate most towards those scents that contain that smokey profile. I do love leather and tobacco scents also, so figure my personal taste prefers more of a darker, earthy, smokey, natural profile.

I just finished a shave with Noble Otter's Plunder this morning and man, I have to say that this one has instantly became one of my top scents ever!! The smokiness of this scent is not under done and is perfect in my opinion. Plus, add to that the awesome performance and post shave of Noble Otter's base, and I am hoping that this one is around forever.

Some of the other offerings that I own and love with that smokey addition are Phoenix and Beau's Whitechapel and Spitfire, which I thoroughly love also.

Anyone else out there a fan of the smokey soaps and what are some of your favorites? Maybe there are some out there that I haven't tried that I can obtain some info for from your suggestions to try.
Noble Otter's Plunder smells very smoky like burning smoke from a bushfire when I open the tub, however, the label said canon smoke which doesn’t smell like gun powder. The scent from my nose definitely smells like burning smoke from a bushfire.

Tallow & Steel Morocco has quite a bit of smoke to it. I pair it with a rose cologne and it works quite well that way.

B&M ROAM smells like an ashtray if that's what your going for.

Top Bottom