What's new

Favorite Signature Drink for a wedding?

My Fiancee and I are not big liquor drinkers, more wine and beer, so we don't have a drink in mind for our "signature drink." Our only color is wine, so we were thinking of sticking with drinks that include cranberry juice to keep the themed color. What do you think are good crowd pleasing drinks that wouldn't be "too girly" or too hard for the bartenders to whip up. We were also thinking about doing a non alcoholic drink for the underage and non drinkers. We thought we would use the same recipe and sub the alcohol for club soda, sprite ect ect.

Whatcha got?

I appreciate the quick response, what is the recipe you use? I googled this drink and each recipe was drastically different. Do you have a particular recipe? Thanks for the response

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Kir Royales are easy to make. Some may say they are girly, but they are quite celebratory and stick with your color (sparkling white wine + Chambord).

I recently had a drink that contained equal parts of vodka, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice that was quite refreshing. Another one is 1 1/2 ounces of Vodka, with 1 ounce of cranberry juice, and three ounces of seven up or sprite.

+1 for Kir Royale. It's "fancy" enough so hard core drinkers will appreciateit for its celebratory status, but also easy to drink as a toast for people who are not hard drinkers.
Its looks nice - a nice light red/purple so it looks festive and is an easy and popular drink for a toast.

+2 for the kir, goes with your theme and very easy for bartenders to whip up quickly. Just make sure they have plenty of appropriate glasses!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

Mojito.

Do you 'need' a 'signature drink'? I'm assuming you mean a drink that everybody gets at the reception? Seems like way too much hassle, and way too many opportunities to upset people making them drink something they don't really like. The beer crowd is jonesing for a brewski; the scotch crowd thinks it's way too sissy; the chocolate-marshmallow-martini crowd thinks it's yucky and way too sour; the designated drivers and non-drinkers don't like having an 'expected' drink thrust at them ...

... why not just let people order whatever they want, and save yourself the headache.

If you really want a "signature drink" that "everybody drinks together", I'd suggest champagne mixed with a fruit juice ... orange juice is traditional, or whatever juice trips your fancy. Pink grapefruit? Pomegranate? You get the idea ... you can get all sorts of colours to choose from. Those not wanting alcohol could have ginger ale substituted for the bubbly.

I for one never get the "signature drink" at a wedding. I'm not sure of anyone that really does. I might see a few people get it for the novelty, but they always switch to their go-to.

It might not be a bad idea to have a signature non alcoholic drink. Thats usually fun for the kids.

+1 for Kir Royale. It's "fancy" enough so hard core drinkers will appreciateit for its celebratory status, but also easy to drink as a toast for people who are not hard drinkers.
Its looks nice - a nice light red/purple so it looks festive and is an easy and popular drink for a toast.

+2. Bubbly fits the wedding theme. Plus these are easy for the bartenders to put together. :thumbup1:

Yes.. I don't think I've ever noticed a signature drink at a wedding. If I did my brain dismissed it for thoughts of sipping some scotch.

I think people come with their drink in mind. At the weddings I go to most of the men want scotch (usually a lot of Johnny walker black) and the ladies love vodka soda or cranberry. or sometimes they go on a piña colada or mojito craze.

I would pick a few popular spirits an a lot of mixers ...

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've seen such a thing done at weddings, more often during a toast or a very short reception (that would be followed by a larger party).

I would just have plenty of good Sparkling Wine. I enjoy a bit of fruit, so Californian or Australian..

Top Bottom