What's new

Favorite Gin?

So, what's your favorite brand of gin? How do you normally consume said?

I normally stick with Tanqueray and Beefeater. Occasionally Bombay Sapphire and Gilbey's. Pretty much stick to G&Ts and the occasional Martini.

Anywho, just curious. :)

Last edited:

TheShaun

Bejeweled
Beefeater is a great gin for the price. Better than most. And around here is usually the bar gin, which suits my pocketbook just fine. Hendricks is the best I have tasted to date.

I also prefer Bombay Sapphire in a martini. I prefer the classic mix to a very dry martini. I like to taste a little of the vermouth.

Mike

Hendricks is my favorite, though I like Plymouth and Beefeaters, Bombay Sapphire, and others. Have never really enjoyed Tanqueray, for some reason, but it's been years since I've had any.

I usually use Plymouth when I make a martini. I tried one with Beefeater for the first time the other day and quite enjoyed it.

I prefer the classic mix to a very dry martini. I like to taste a little of the vermouth.

Me too. I actually make mine with two parts gin to one part vermouth.

Usually end up with Burnetts, Gilbey's or Plymouth. Friends keep bringing Cork gin from Ireland but it's nothing special.

Last edited:
Bombay Sapphire is my favorite but the one I find myself reaching for quite often is New Amsterdam. Great taste and an even greater price.

A Hendricks G&T is a wonderful thing. I like Gordons in Martinis. Occasionally, I'll go higher end, but there's something about Gordons that just works.

Do not like Bombay Sapphire, but the regular "white" Bombay is a good gin.

Boodles is a winner, too. Also, casting another vote for Gordon's doing just about everything you want it to at an amazingly-low price point (around here). Very drinkable gin.

Boodles is a winner, too. Also, casting another vote for Gordon's doing just about everything you want it to at an amazingly-low price point (around here). Very drinkable gin.

+1

Forgot about Boodles. An excellent gin in the manner of Beefeaters and Plymouth, to me.

New Amsterdam is my go to gin for G/T and Martini's. Good price and IMO tastes better than Beefeater or Tanq. I can generally pick up a 1.75 of NA for uner $20, usually can't hardly get a liter of the others for that.
Plymouth is really good but IMO better for things like aviations and even straight. Plymouth is very flowery.

For Martinis I reach for Bombay Sapphire. When I mix it with soda I like Gordons, good price and is good for mixing.

Top Bottom