What's new

Favorite Desserts?

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
What are some of your favorite desserts?

I don't eat sweets very often, but I do enjoy sharing a slice of key lime pie with the GF now and then. Her cherry cream cheese bars are quite good as well. My grandmother used to make a german chocolate cake to die for. God bless her. :001_smile

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Apple Charlotte
Vanilla ice cream with salted caramel sauce, fairly well browned but not quite burnt
Any kind of berries, macerated in a very small bit of orange liqueur, served alone or on buttermilk panna cotta
Apple or poached pear tart
Carrot or Italian cream cake
Fruit pies of all sorts

My wife's sugar free (she uses Stevia or monk fruit for sweetener) cheese cake, without a bottom crust. It is really moist and not too sweet.

BEER.png

Don't eat dessert often but in no particular order apple pie, pumpkin pie, carrot cake, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
In warm weather my wife prepares halo-halo which means 'mix mix' in Tagalog. It is made of crushed ice, condensed milk, purple ube jam, yam, sago, agar, leche flan, preserved fruits, and candied sweets. It is served in a tall glass with a long spoon which is moved vigorously up and down in the glass to mix the dessert before it is eaten.

love_and_food_foreva_halo_halo.jpg

If I am making dessert then nothing beats this poured over a sliced banana.

108868-Ambrosia-Devon-Custard-400g1.jpg

In warm weather my wife prepares halo-halo which means 'mix mix' in Tagalog. It is made of crushed ice, condensed milk, purple ube jam, yam, sago, agar, leche flan, preserved fruits, and candied sweets. It is served in a tall glass with a long spoon which is moved vigorously up and down in the glass to mix the dessert before it is eaten.

View attachment 1539347

If I am making dessert then nothing beats this poured over a sliced banana.

View attachment 1539346

Sounds quite interesting. Colorful!

I am not a big dessert guy but the coconut cream pie from a fancy restaurant in Toronto (Scaramouche) is orgasmic. Considered one of the best in the world. We eat a slice for dessert when we dine there and take a whole pie home. Insanely tasty.

1665802655500.jpeg

Beyond that, my wife’s tiramisu or my creme brûlée.

I LOVE KUCHEN! I grew up and still have property up in BFE ND a few miles out of a very very small town, im talkin 1 stop sign 1 main road and 5 other gravel washboarded out streets and that may even be generous. Anyway, we always had kuchen in the kitchen or freezer, always. lol The word kuchen is German for “cake,” but in North Dakota, it refers to a specific type of cake that's more like a thick custard in a crust of sweet dough, cut into triangles like a pie. My "uncle" Lennards wife, Eileen, also made a thinner type with grahm crackers crust and let me tell you... If she got together with the other church lady's and started squakin n baking, they could crank out 12 dozen in no time. Which was a good thing because they went quick! Every order of gas they sold, you got one. Group of kids running around town with bb guns wanting handouts, we got em! Church potluck n polka night, everyone went home with one and then some lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom