What's new

Favorite Brush Hair (Boar, Badger, or Synthetic) a poll

Favorite Brush knot? Badger, Boar, or Synthetic

• Badger

• Boar

• Synthetic

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have four types of brushes in my collection.

The clear winners are my boar brushes. Great for bowl and face lathering.
The horse and badger are nice, but fall short for me.

The synthetic has only one saving grace, its quick drying ability, great for travel.

These polls remind me of the standard " stranded on an inland with one brush" questions. I have owned and/or own all types of brushes and still believe a quality silvertip badger is the best all around brush for all types of shaving styles using all types of products. If I have to chose only one, for me, it remains my QED silvertip.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
These polls remind me of the standard " stranded on an inland with one brush" questions. I have owned and/or own all types of brushes and still believe a quality silvertip badger is the best all around brush for all types of shaving styles using all types of products. If I have to chose only one, for me, it remains my QED silvertip.

The purpose of the poll was to track the rapid growth of synthetics. I wonder if the growth will continue next year?

$Capture.JPG

The purpose of the poll was to track the rapid growth of synthetics. I wonder if the growth will continue next year?

Hopefully, synthetics will continue to "improve". I put that in quotes because improvement is in the eye of the beholder. I love my Plisson...I don't want them to change anything about it. I hope synthetic manufacturers continue to provide options to us.

It's very surprising to see how close boars and synthetics are. I wonder if it is because low-cost, quality synthetics are hitting the scene and giving shavers another option to consider (other than boar) at the entry-level price point.

I'm not a badger hater (who would be on this site! :badger:)

But I just can't see myself using anything but boar( except the synthetic for travel)

It's very surprising to see how close boars and synthetics are. I wonder if it is because low-cost, quality synthetics are hitting the scene and giving shavers another option to consider (other than boar) at the entry-level price point.

Yes, that was a surprise to me, also.

Badger and synthetics. The ladder is a cheaper options. Now that the Plisson synthetic knot appears to be more readily available I expect more artisan outlets to be carrying varying options of the plisson style synthetic brush fibres.

Top Bottom