What's new

favorite Blade for the Weber PL

Just curious as to what others find to be their favorite blade for the Weber Polished Head. This razor makes even the mediocre blade sharper for me. I had to work harder at finding the angle and used a premium blade and found it to be a bit to much for my neck right out of the box. In the end I put a Crystal in and was amazed at what I found, which was manageable. I liked it with a Shark chrome and now that the razor has become familiar I may go back up the line.

Whats your favorite blade for the Weber PL?

So far Astra SP, GSB and Polsilver SI have been great. Not so great have been Wilkinson and Personna reds. In the end I'm going to buy 100 Astras and call it a day.

Sorry for being out of the loop. What are GSB? I may have some Wilkinson molding some where if I haven't given them all away, that would be one to try. I do love sharp blades in mild razors, but have found the Weber to be something of anomoli for me. I think it shaves like an aggressive Ranger Tech, even has the sound.

After this Shark I will give the Astra another go, I like them a lot.

For me it is GSB in the Weber, hands down. Polsilver SI were great in my HD Rocket but I didn't like them in the Weber.

I'm on the GSB bandwagon as well, I totally agree with you about the PH making the blade sharper, I feel like it's gotta be the lack of curve in the blade. GSBs or Personna Blues work best for me.

I used the GSB and had the bet results yet. I love the ASP and Feather in other razors. But, the dry skin does not allow it for the Weber on the neck. Love the Feather in the 46/47 aristocrat and Tech. Maybe just need to use the weber more.

Astra, Personna Blue, GSB have all performed similarly enough (and excellently) so I just use whichever I have/whichever is the cheapest of those three.

Top Bottom