What's new

Fatip Piccolo (or any fatip OC) vs Merkur 37C?

Which is a better performer? And which causes less drama?

I have the Merkur 37C and it's great however I do have to exercise caution or I might end up with burns or nicks. Key is not to go over the same area too many times.

Can the Fatip Piccolo provide the same close shave like the 37C but with less drama?

Never tried a 37c (actually never tried any slant for that matter but am curious to give it a go...) but can attest to the fact that Fatip OC's (I use a MK1 Piccollo almost every day) can give tremendously close comfortable shaves when you've mastered their use

I preferred my Fatip. 37c didn't feel all that aggressive or anything, but I definitely ended up with more Nick's and irritation. I PIF'd mine.

I have a post-war 37C. It shaves great until "Ouch, damnit!".

I've gotten great nick free shaves from it but it mostly sits idle.

I never liked my 37 and sold it eventually. The Fatip Piccolo is still regulary in my rotation (but more in the summer than winter). As a slant I only kept a Fasan OC Bakelite, which I use once in a while.

Is the Fatip better than a 37? There is just no answer to that. However, I can say that it is much better for me.

Fatip OC is way better, more efficient. Current models excel in shaving.....the old model was not good for my taste

Maggards has the special edition which includes both OC and closed....2 for one. The handle is a bit small for me, but I also have the Schone which has same threads, wider teeth in the head and wider handle (Schone probably smoother shaver- avail from amazon).

These are both great and they give great shaves. I find the 37c to be an easy razor to shave with. The fatip is a bit more efficient but it’s not aggressive to me and I tend to find most OCs don’t agree with my face.
Both are keepers.

I found the fatip aggressive when I first got it, with a bit of experience it became a walk in the park and my daily razor.
Lately, I have been using it with a derby extra, a blade that I despise on other razors, but with the rigid design of the fatip, it really works well, giving the smoothest shaves ever.

The Fatip Piccolo (Mk 2) has more blade exposure and requires a little more care when shaving. Both razors works for me without issues and I shave daily.

Top Bottom