What's new

Fat Badger

Hey, Dr. Jacob. You keep your money and I'll take your Fat Badger brush! Great brush and great play on the large fellow. I love that first photo. I immediately caught your drift when I saw the title of the post.

Regards, Todd

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I wanna see that BadBoy splayed open on yer face!! I'm guessing it'll cover just about everything in one swipe. Good job on hogging that brush handle out to 30mm+ too.

Just finished this bad 30 today:)
proxy.php

Now that's a beaut! What material(s) did you use?

Thx,Long story,short,Wood is lignum vitae,top portion was made from a 5000 ish yr old eskimo Ice axe made out of a walrus tusk.

Alright, I'm sorry, but you can't say "long story, short" and then throw out 5000ish year old Eskimo axe. This deserves a long story, and, quite possibly, it's own thread.

Sorry to the OP for thread-jacking a bit, here. Moving on . . .

walrus Ivory tusk Ice axes and sled runners are common artifacts found in frozen tundra of alaska and siberia,as are all manner of digging tools large and small.
You can tell that they were say an ice axe type tool because the tusk section is carved out to provide an area for some type of leather lashing to attach said tool to some sort of handle.
You can also tell an approx age because the color in gem quality fossil ivory (walrus or mammoth) go's deep into the tusk,in the above case the color is a tan, could have been buried in iron rich tundra for thousands of years..
The rarest color is blue,usually found in frozen tundra that once may have been a clay type river or creek bed,it is also the most sought after and the most expensive at around $400/lb
Most who deal in this stuff throw out a ballpark age of say 5k yrs,but could be 10K,maybe 40K,who knows? these folks did not sign and date these tools.
The joy and wonder in working with this stuff is bringing it back to life,creating a new tool,wondering,who made this thing,what was his name,how did he kill this animal that provided the material,to me is fascinating stuff.

Top Bottom