What's new

Fake PolSilver Super Iridiums?

$20160204_182836.jpgThis is what the real polsilvers look like...these babies are great I get at least 6 shaves from each blade. I actually looked at them under the microscope and saw how evenly the grind was. The next step up to these are feathers and only for sharpness not durability.

So the packaging is different, the font is different, no wax, the steel's a different colour and the blades shave **** but they're the real deal? Some folks need to give up their right to vote.

As I said before, thread after thread about fake blades come up, and I groan "Oh God, not another one".

But this comment, when coupled with Mischka's post, kind of brings it all home.

The blades are fake. Someone who works at the darn plant where the real ones are made said they are not authentic. He should know...he works at the place they are manufactured. Like I said earlier in my previous post, WCS was not the only one who got duped here. Connaught also got caught up in this mess and just like WCS they didn't know. They went through their normal channels to place their orders and of course didn't expect that the blades had changed under their noses. But when the guy who works at the plant says they are in no way remotely close to what leaves the factory I would tend to believe him over merchants thousands of miles away who have to place and order through an agent. Somewhere along the supply chain fakes got introduced and plenty of unsuspecting people got duped.

Edited to add that when I called WCS for an exchange which they did without any problem, the guy on the phone said they are trying to find another source for these blades. Why would they do that if the blades are in fact legit and their authenticity verified? if they are legit ordering from another source should still get you the same bad blades would it not? I don't blame WCS at all but just because you placed an order through your normal channels doesn't guarantee anything in terms of authenticity. Not much they could do in this thread except say sorry we didn't know and pull their bad stock.

Last edited:
Not much they could do in this thread except say sorry we didn't know and pull their bad stock.

And that's what they should do for fakes. But it's hard for them to justify doing that if everything that they can find out through their channels says that they're real.

And that's what they should do for fakes. But it's hard for them to justify doing that if everything that they can find out through their channels says that they're real.

If we as a community of individual consumers can come to a conclusion based on analysis of box printing, font, color, blade wrapping, blade printing, wax dots etc they can do the same. We as the consumers shouldn't have to go through these hoops to prove the authenticity of something we bought as consumers. They should take these steps as the seller of these goods to us. Their supply channel is tainted so they need to do the work and figure it out just like we've done in this thread... Not just take someone else's word that everything's ok and move on.

I was reading on another forum (2012 issue on fake polsilver blades also) about this issue and they showed the UPC numbers of the two blades in question. They did not match, not even close. Just wondering how they compared here.

Wow, glad I saw this thread. I had no idea some one would counterfeit such a cheap item. It's insane, but definitely believable. Makes me want to look at all the different brands that I think shave like crap and second guess if they're legit or not. Time to start looking.

Maybe someone can verify this that has alot of different brands, but it seems that most blades have their name printed on the blade or at least something over the plain generic-ness of what's seen in this example. Might that be the first sign of a suspect blade? I'd think this would make them easier to counterfit because at that point they only have to make the little box. And then they can shove whatever blade into them. If they had to do something special then it probably would make less sense for the counterfit.

That's the first thing that I noticed.

I notice that Connaught in the UK have stopped selling these blades after selling the blades without the correct markings on them.

Presumably as they have been scammed the same as Connaughts seem to have been which is why Connaughts have stopped selling them.

I'm interested in buying these blades. If any of you have recently bought legit blades on that bay auction site, can you provide a link or send me a pm?

I'm interested in buying these blades. If any of you have recently bought legit blades on that bay auction site, can you provide a link or send me a pm?

I just looked at that bay auction site and the stuff from Bulgaria would scare me. One even shows and Astra blade next to the boxes and another clearly shows a blade with the paper wrapper hiding the label below. You can try Amazon, it would be a few dollars more but you can return it if you got fakes. FTR, I just got some off Amazon recently and they are the real deal.

All of my recent purchases from Bullgoose have been legit. Also our member dcc who is from Bulgaria is a legit source of these blades. The only bad ones I have seen were from WCS. This thread is a good reference of what to look for to verify a legit blade.

In short, buying from a reputable source does not guarantee protection from counterfeit goods. Even a place as big as Meijer got caught up in a case involving fake Mach3 cartridges. Meijer recalled the product and an investigation ensued, with a Florida-based businessman eventually sentenced to 30 months in prison and $400,000 in restitution. However, when the trail quickly extends far beyond U.S. borders, U.S. investigators and courts have no authority.

Top Bottom