What's new

Face lathering with Simpsons Duke is not "correct use"?

Scrubbing my face with Simpsons synthetics gave me a bad rash at first. All gone after a couple days over-the-counter cortisone cream. But using painting motions only as recommended by Simpsons, I can face lather as much as I want with the Chubby2 synthetic with no problems.

If anything I find the synthetic brushes produce a higher quality lather more quickly and consistently than badger brushes.

A heavy handed circular motion (i.e. mashing the brush on your face) is never healthy for a natural hair brush, irrespective of who makes it. However, lathering with a circular motion while sensibly splaying the knot is absolutely fine.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Took a picture of on of the little paper sheets that come with Shavemac brushes.
I attach it here so you can see they recommend using light pressure on the soap and load with circular movements.
Translate foam (German Schaum) to lather (German Schaum).....
I have asked Bend to send me a few that I will include with my brushes using a Shavemac knot.
IMG_2947.jpg

I make lather using circular motions , if I ever have a problem with any of my gear I assume full responsibility and would pay out of my own pocket to have another knot sent to me etc. I would never hold the company responsible and I find it reasonable they are warning their customers this ahead of time. The main thing is for me to enjoy my brush to the fullest of my ability , it’s a tool after all.

So, to those that paint with their Simpson, you do no circular motion at all? Not in a bowl, mug, or on your face? Just back and forth in your chosen direction?

Just verifying that this is both what you do, and that it works. I already shaved today, but there is hope for tomorrow....if I do not forget.

I have a Trafalgar T1, and so far I have disregarded its painting instructions with no ill effects. But I am willing to try it differenty.

I have unknowingly been abusing my T3 daily for the past 4 years. It’s my only brush. Aggressive loading, excessive splaying, daily face lathering etc. It’s held up wonderfully.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I make lather using circular motions , if I ever have a problem with any of my gear I assume full responsibility and would pay out of my own pocket to have another knot sent to me etc. I would never hold the company responsible and I find it reasonable they are warning their customers this ahead of time. The main thing is for me to enjoy my brush to the fullest of my ability , it’s a tool after all.
^^^ +1 ^^^

I'm with @CoreyWoodmancy , I even read the little piece of paper that came with my Duke 3. Brush is doing just fine and I love face lathering with it.

Top Bottom