What's new

Eye exam

Went to the eye Dr., took the exam and was told my vision had improved and l didnt need glasses to drive other than my DL says l do. Told her l had not been wearing my glasses much the last year or so and she wasnt surprised. Odd thing is, ive been wearing glasses for 30 years. Now its Dollar Store readers to read and thats it. Seem as we get old our eye chages shape and this does happen sometimes. Found it interesting.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Mine got a bit worse and I need new glasses. Since I am also diabetic, I called my eye doctor for an appointment for my check up. They told me the first open appointment is 6th of October...???..I am now looking for a new doctor. To wait some 6 month is ridiculous.

Went to the eye Dr., took the exam and was told my vision had improved and l didnt need glasses to drive other than my DL says l do. Told her l had not been wearing my glasses much the last year or so and she wasnt surprised. Odd thing is, ive been wearing glasses for 30 years. Now its Dollar Store readers to read and thats it. Seem as we get old our eye chages shape and this does happen sometimes. Found it interesting.
Had the same issue. Our eyes don't get "better" technically, rather some of us lucky folk who are nearsighted have our distance vision improve as our lenses harden with age, the shape change happens to change our's back towards normal.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Seem as we get old our eye chages shape and this does happen sometimes.

My dad was that way in his 80s. All his life he was so near-sighted he couldn't see the end of his nose. He had a pretty impressive honker, but still. Then one day I noticed he wasn't wearing his glasses and he fessed up.

Me, not so much. I was one of the last kids to get surgery for lazy eye. Being bandaged up and blind for a few weeks as a little kid did some amazing things to the wiring in my visual circuitry. I have constant double vision because my eyes don't track together. It's been most of my life so I'm good with it but it kept me out of the U.S. Air Force. :) I'm still on the downward curve.

O.H.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Mine got a bit worse and I need new glasses. Since I am also diabetic, I called my eye doctor for an appointment for my check up. They told me the first open appointment is 6th of October...???..I am now looking for a new doctor. To wait some 6 month is ridiculous.
Update: I went to a different doctor and got the most thorough examination I ever had at an eye doctor. My vision has actually a bit improved, and I need new glasses with quite less strong lenses!! I though they had gone worse. The whole visit for me and my wife was about 4 (!!) hours - and we got everything checked what is medically possible. I guess. Just do not like the dilation, took some 4 hours until it was gone and I forgot my sunglasses (we had taken the wife's car). What a pita to drive with nearly closed eyes - squint, squint....

I'm 70 next month and my right eye cannot be corrected to 20/20, so I am schedule for cataract surgery at the end of this month. I have high hopes that I won't need glasses except for reading.

Top Bottom