What's new

Exclusive shavette user

A quick cleaning and disinfect of the fatboy last night and i deemed it ready to shave, well after a year into shavettes it was certainly a whole lot easier to 3 pass shave. No nicks or irritation

Lathered up my brush and went to work. Set the fatboy to 5 for the first pass along the grain. I have a really light touch since shavettes are more unforgiving. Finding the angle came naturally by the first pass. One thing though its hard to get under the nose but wasnt a deal breaker. Rinsed with my usual tap water (hot water on the first pass and cold water on the succeeding passes) making sure to leave a bit of slickness ,

Lathered up for the second pass and did ear to nose and corner jaw to chin on the neck area. On the first stroke i felt 5 was going to irritate me on the neck area so iset it to 3. I was right though and everything went smoothly

3rd pass i was against the grain with the fatboy still at 3. Eveything was smooth and did a fet buffing strokes but nothing too serious.

Finished with my alum block

Initial thoughts. Shaving with a safety razor sure has big advantages mainly time and ease of use. I can get the same close shave as a shavette in under 10mins for 3 passes. It came naturally aswell since all those years using my mach3 has basically ingrained the motion to my hand and using a shavette tought me about proper pressure.

If i had to find a negative it would be its a bit hard to get under the nose and it feels a bit detached, with a shavette you get audible and tactile feedback ,maybe due to the closeness of the blade. Its a much more involved process (so you dont slit your throat and die) unlike with a safety razor you go at it with less concentration. All in all for 12$ ( it was 17 bpand i still haggled hahaha shameless) its one of my better investments. i guess the wife idnt getting this one hahahaha

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I spent 19 minutes in the bathroom this morning (normally take 23 with DE, injector or straight. The joys of a digital clock :tongue_sm) and that included bladder stuff, showering, brushing teeth and a 2-pass NS+SN shave with my shavette.

Spentba good 3 more hours getting the blade alignment and the silo doors working properly and some final buffing to remove the slight pitting. Shaved with it twice nownand shaved with my shavette just now. Yep im still a shavette user although the fatboy almost made me a believer

I shaved yesterday , only diffrencewas this time i tried to bowl lather with my omega pro48, im pretty sure the omega was made for fsce lathering, but its good to know its not half bad as a bowl latherer

Recently started doing 2 pass shaves starting with the 14 pass sahve and then doing against the grain, reallycuts back on any alcohol burns afterwards. Its been a revelation to say the least.

$IMG_20151014_184058.jpg

My universal shavette from mostho arrived, lost count of how many months i had to wait for it :w00t:

Thank you again mostho, i will shave with it once i have enough stubble ����

First shave with my new universal shavette, what can I say as far as shavettes go this is probably up theres with the best of em, the shave went well, the blade exposure etc is comparable to my parker, its just that the universal is really better in build quality, balance design and over all usability I guess. Everything was the same with the parker only it was way easier italians knew what they were doing when they made this razor

Excellent! I've been curious about the shavette for a while now. Thought about picking one up and trying it. Lord makes a single use shavette as well. Have you had any experience with them?

Excellent! I've been curious about the shavette for a while now. Thought about picking one up and trying it. Lord makes a single use shavette as well. Have you had any experience with them?

Sorry for the hiatus been busy with other things the past month. Im sorry but I havent used a lord shavette. I used to take it easy with a mild angle and 3 passes but after using a shavette exclusively i only need 2 passes (with and against) with a slightly more agressive angle and proper beard growth mapping produces better results with almost non existent razor burn and can be as fast as a de razor or faster. Once you get the hang of it it can shave as good as any top dollar razor anywhere.

I've seen the disposable Lord straight razors but never purchased one.

IMHO: they key to a good shavette is blade retention. If you cannot have a good, solid, blade holder then you risk the blade moving where you wouldn't want it. The Lord look to be flimsy in comparison.

That being said: I still would try one or two to see how it worked out.

Top Bottom