What's new

Exclusive shavette user

Just found this page and I guess I should have started keeping a journal sooner (about a year ago but I wasnt a member here yet just an active lurker). Anyway ive been a shavette user for about 11 months now. Got my parker shavette and omega 48 online and I have a Universal from italy in the mail just waiting for it to arrive.

Shave for today using an omega 48 and gillette super stainless blades on my parker sr1 . I went for full BBS Which takes 3 passes and a touchup pass on my neck. Its my last workday since its friday here and im going to be too tired to care since i have mma/ muaythai training on saturdays and kali training early sundays so I needed a smooth shave that should last at least until sunday morning.

For the life of me I just cant bowl lather with my omega 48 so i face lather instead which has worked out just fine. My preshave oil is a bottle of extra virgin coconut oil. My shaving cream is still my barely used bodyshop macca root shaving cream.

I am a mix of hot and cold water shaver. I prep with a hot shower and a glycerin based soap then put on my oil and then face lather but afterwards I rinse with cold tap water (which can be cold in the mornings)

2nd pass I usually tend to skip the preshave oil and just face lather again , I dont follow the usual with the grain and xtg passes since ive basically mapped out my facial hair and i can get BBS on most places in 2 passes but since im going for the closest shave i need a third pass

3rd pass i put on coconut oil again and face lather one last time (loading my brush a little bit once again , about three swirls in my tub of cream since the lather gets thinner by the third pass) the only areas i need to pass are my cheeks going across the grain. A third buffing pass on my neck and chin and across the grain on my goatee. I usually get BBS on my moustache in 2 passes so i just did a third wtg pass although i didnt need to.

Finished with another cold water rinse and an alum block. i used to have all sorts of aftershaves and an alcohol splash but after a while i settled on an alum block rub and dont bother rinsing it. So far this was the best aftershave routine ever. No irritation redness etc. It stops any bleeding instantly aswell. And never had any breakouts.

Im still rubbing my chin while typing this , I dont usually go for full BBS since i dont really need it and usually stop at 2 passes, but theres something thats satisfying when you cant feel any stubble anywhere on your face. Everybody in my muay thai class has some sort of facial hair and I think im the only clean shaven guy there hhahaha.

Welcome, and let me know what you think of the Universal. The Universal is the only DEvette that I own, and I must say it gives me great shaves with an Astra SP.

I will take about 45 days from italy to our country even more so im trying not to think about it too much. But im sure ill enjoy putting it in my rotation hopefully ill get some more shavettes in the future ��

Welcome.

I try to incorporate my shavettes at least once a week, but struggle to get BBS around the Adams apple.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Boars were made for face lathering! That's my story anyways :tongue_sm

How many shave are you getting from each 1/2-blade? I hit around 5 with my Shark SS before swapping it out.

Boars were made for face lathering! That's my story anyways :tongue_sm

How many shave are you getting from each 1/2-blade? I hit around 5 with my Shark SS before swapping it out.

5! That's immense! I struggle to get 2 before feeling the need to change.

I still have my sharks but they cut me up really bad for some reason. I just use gillette stainless and i get at most 4 shaves per half =) im thinking of shaving today but i dont have to go anywhere so ill just save it for monday morning.

Welcome.

I try to incorporate my shavettes at least once a week, but struggle to get BBS around the Adams apple.

My biggest problem area is the right side of my chin just below my lips above the jaw line, just bacause i need to use my left hand on the xtg pass. I can never get it as smooth as my left (where i can use my right hand) . im lucky in that although my beard is thick but doesnt reach the lower part of my adams apple so I never really had problems shaving it.

$DSC_0135.jpg

This is the blade i normally use

Usual work shave first pass wtg. Forgot to soak my brush since I was still sleepy so i just ran it under hot water . lather was a bit dry and was harder to get it right since I needed to re dip it every so often. Didnt load as much cream maybe because it was drier than usual all in all I should have just soaked it since it took more time to build the lather properly. I face lather after a preshave oil (virgin coconut oil)

Loaded a new blade which is always nice . and shaved without any issues .

Relathered and prepared for my second pass xtg. (Face lather) was a little to heavy on the chin area but all in all no nicks. My alum block reminded me about the chin but it only served to wake me up more. Then i rememberrd i havent brushed my teeth yet so the toothpaste dripping to my chin stung a little but nothing worth crying about.

Ordered a vintage fatboy for my wife so she can dial in the agressiveness. I figured if the wife finds it better than cartridge she might support thr hobby aswell.

Shaved again ths morning nothing out of the ordinary just a clean 2pass shave with my parker. Still dreaming of the universal pama intrra in the mail but i dont want to get overly excited since shipping from italy to the philippines takes quite a few weeks to a month at least.

Welcome aboard!
take your time to make a full prep and whipping all you face slowly and constantly.
Then you have a great setup for many years of shaving.
:thumbup1:

Guess who shipping to him Mac!
:001_rolle

You da man Mostho (American for " you are the man Mostho").

The key to any straight razor shaving (Universal Devette included) is a very light touch, a shallow angle, and just try to remove the lather from your face. Keep working with it, and it will improve. Not over night, but it will improve.

The key to any straight razor shaving (Universal Devette included) is a very light touch, a shallow angle, and just try to remove the lather from your face. Keep working with it, and it will improve. Not over night, but it will improve.

I absolutely agree with you!
I call this technique "using the invisible hand"! Just the weight of the razor is more than enough!
I can just add that (seems simpla but...) don't shave without lather. It's common to make light touches in these sides but it's wrong.
(or at least it will greatly reduce nicks, weeps and burns)

And dont forget to change blades, which i did this morning hahaha. Had to change blades midway in my shave cause I felt it was tugging my hairs and not cutting. Must be lack of sleep making me absent minded at times.

Bought a vintage fatboy for my wife which of course i have to try out before she uses it on her legs should be arriving today .

Yep stefano is certainly the man hehehe, its not often id blindly send someone money i just felt he was trustworthy from the start.

Didnt shave today since dont have training or work so ill just lie down all day and enjoy the rain.

Well here it is the fatboy i bought online for 12$ hahaha adjuster works door works and everything seems to be aligned. Will have to get it nickel plated and i asked around it should be around 15$ here in the philippines, and thats one of the best hooray for cheap labor costs.

$IMG_20150915_160000.jpg

$IMG_20150915_160019.jpg

^ well good thing it has holes , makes things easier

$IMG_20150915_160038.jpg

Top Bottom