What's new

EverReady 1912.Fell in love on the first shave

I was fortunate enough to win rockviper's 2500 Post PIF recently, and included in it was an EverReady 1912 SE Razor. Being a noob to wetshaving, I had never tried (or even considered trying) to shave with a SE razor. Honestly, they always looked a bit awkward to me. However, when it came in the mail I decided to give it a try. I used Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (which was also included in the PIF) and went through my normal shave routine (wtg, atg) using this strange looking razor on my face.....and I literally fell in love. I have never had a shave this close....even going to my local barber and getting a straight razor shave could not compare to the smooth clean feeling my new EverReady has given.

I'm not a person who really enjoys change...and being an Arko fan, I have to say that if it hadn't been for this PIF, I would have likely NEVER tried Penhaligon's. However, being given the opportunity to try it out has sold me completely. I haven't used my Arko in almost a week! Penhaligon's smells beautiful (like going into a florist) and it leaves my face feeling clean, refreshed, and smooth. I will definitely be using a lot more of this product.

I plan to add more reviews as I sample the other products that were included in this package. I can't wait to try out the Canadian Fat Handle Tech, but I can't seem to stop with my EverReady at the moment!

Thanks a lot rockviper for your generosity!

There's a group of us who believe the 1912 patent design is the best razor ever made. In case you missed it, there is a forum dedicated to single edge razors. Maybe a mod can move this there.

I was fortunate enough to win rockviper's 2500 Post PIF recently, and included in it was an EverReady 1912 SE Razor. Being a noob to wetshaving, I had never tried (or even considered trying) to shave with a SE razor. Honestly, they always looked a bit awkward to me. However, when it came in the mail I decided to give it a try. I used Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (which was also included in the PIF) and went through my normal shave routine (wtg, atg) using this strange looking razor on my face.....and I literally fell in love. I have never had a shave this close....even going to my local barber and getting a straight razor shave could not compare to the smooth clean feeling my new EverReady has given.

I'm not a person who really enjoys change...and being an Arko fan, I have to say that if it hadn't been for this PIF, I would have likely NEVER tried Penhaligon's. However, being given the opportunity to try it out has sold me completely. I haven't used my Arko in almost a week! Penhaligon's smells beautiful (like going into a florist) and it leaves my face feeling clean, refreshed, and smooth. I will definitely be using a lot more of this product.

I plan to add more reviews as I sample the other products that were included in this package. I can't wait to try out the Canadian Fat Handle Tech, but I can't seem to stop with my EverReady at the moment!

Thanks a lot rockviper for your generosity!

I know exactly what you mean. SE's have totally changed shaving for me, and my Ever-Ready 1912 was my first one. The older SE razors are incredible shavers. Just wait until you try some of the open comb ones or a bullet tip Gem Micromatic.

SEs are cheap and very easy to make a collection of them. SE RAD is the only AD I have that I don't feel that guilty about.

I really like the heft and feel of the 1912 when I shave. I wish I had gotten in on the group buy of SE blades.

I really like the heft and feel of the 1912 when I shave. I wish I had gotten in on the group buy of SE blades.

Same here,anyone know if there will be another SE Blade group buy in the not too distant future ?

Top Bottom