What's new

Ever-Ready Model 000 <OH BABY!>

Sure did, I just need to decide if the metal band inside the handle needs to come out or not.
Personally, I like to remove any metal rings that I find in the handles. They're not needed (they were used to hold the original knot together) and could, over the years, start to corrode...leading to staining of the bristles or handle. If you can remove it without damaging the handle, I recommend doing it.

Mine also has a metal band (not rusty), but I'm just going to encase it in epoxy. I don't want to run the risk of damaging anything. Can't hurt anything & may add strength (like rebar in concrete) and a bit of weight.

Also found out that this 000 handle is made from celluloid, based on the camphor/pine smell. That *could* make it quite a bit older than I thought. They also called celluloid "ivorene," an alternative to ivory and horn which were much more expensive. The top looks very much like ivory, and is actually a bit darker than it looks in the pictures.

Last edited:
I have the same knot knot and I tried it a bit lower and was not happy. I just measured mine and its 47 also now after moving it to a new handle so I am sure you will be very happy.Thats the perfect height to me. Very nice knot I must say!

Ok, so I opened the hole about another 1mm or so & fitted the knot at 47mm, making the brush 100mm overall. There is a fleck of lint on the left side of the wording (pic 4) that i did not see before I posted the pics. I am liking the height quite well. When the tips curl up & it blooms a bit it will be perfect!!

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom