What's new

Ever-Ready Model 000 <OH BABY!>

Found this one in the wild at an antique store. Cost me $5. Translucent brown & cream. I have never seen this one before anywhere. Knot popped right out & left a perfect 21+mm hole at about 16mm deep. This one feels solid and heavy.

Polished the lower handle to remove the square edges to a smooth radius. Much more comfortable to grip. Thinking a TGN 22mm finest, fan.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
IMHO you need a 20 mm knot ~ not a 22 mm, if the hole is 21+...... You generally need to be one size smaller than the hole.

great looking handle!

Eyesofgrey:

Boy, that's one beautiful and very unique brush handle. Please add your pre/post bloom photos after you complete this beauty. That one's a keeper for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Don

I will post pictures of the knot once I get it in hand... I just regret not taking pictures of the nasty state it was in before I polished and sculpted the handle... I'll document these artifacts better next time.
Thanks for the positive comments. It makes it really fun.
Best,
Moses

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That's one sweet handle! Was it hollow or a full handle? Any pictures of the finished brush?

That's one sweet handle! Was it hollow or a full handle? Any pictures of the finished brush?

The only hollow part of the handle is the hole for the knot. The lower part is a solid rootbeer colored lucite (or similar). It smells like pine when sanded.

I have not ordered a knot yet, but I will add pictures once I get it.

IMHO you need a 20 mm knot ~ not a 22 mm, if the hole is 21+...... You generally need to be one size smaller than the hole.

great looking handle!

I like the knots to fit tight, but I will open this one up a little bit to take the 22 if needed. Thanks for the comment.

Top Bottom