What's new
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction is now running from 19 - 21 October. Every year proceeds from this auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Please take a look at the items that are available this year, as there is sure to be something of interest to everyone!

Ever-ready are liars.

I just bought a NOS Ever-Ready on ebay that is labeled "Pure Badger" despite being obviously Boar bristle. I'll post pics later. It's a "Cased 250"

I just bought a NOS Ever-Ready on ebay that is labeled "Pure Badger" despite being obviously Boar bristle. I'll post pics later. It's a "Cased 250"

I've seen brushes labeled "badger cased" - boar bristles surrounded by badger. I wonder if that the case here.

(get it? - "the case")

edit: Just checked - I have a Century that's labeled on the handle:

Pure Badger
Cased
250​

with "cased" appearing beneath "pure badger" - so it could be interpreted "Pure Badger" and then "Cased 250"

for whatever it's worth.

Last edited:
Wow. Ok. I just lathered with it, and I think it is a badger/boar mix. It's a core of some very soft boar (I think) surrounded by some shorter lofted badger. I'll take pics tonight.

Haha, your post came while I was typing this, but yes... now that it's "bloomed" it looks very much like that is the case. :lol:

I cannot wait to see that one.

I have a Success brush that is badger cased boar and it works quite well. It would be fun to get a knot like that now.

Like a badger pretty much. I was actually lathering it to get the break-in started and I immediately noticed that it was lathering like a badger brush. It made me go, "huh?". Behaves like a fairly loose packed pure/best badger, but not prickly or scritchy like they can be.

...yup, pure badger cased!

I have an Ever-Ready almost identical to yours - a 250 - but on the butt of the handle of mine is imprinted "Badger & Bristle."

Quite a nice little brush.

Phil,

Was that brush on eBay recently, and did you get it? I was watching that one, but fell asleep at the wheel. That's a cool brush, would have made a nice gift alongside something like a gold fatboy executive back in the day.

This happens so often on here. I remember about a year ago member t-rick and I would cross swords about twice a week on auctions. We finally started communicating and think we paid a little less after that. It was the gentlemanly thing to do.

Congrats. It's a beaut. I picked up the butterscotch 750 (also inbound) so I can't be too angry.

It would be fun to get a knot like that now.

I believe Leon was considering having Semogue do a Cased (badger & Boar) brush for the 2010 LE, he did a poll gauging interest... but the response he got was pretty negative. Most people just wanted another special boar. Now that I've quite by chance happened across one, I'll give it a go and maybe my vote for the 2011LE as a cased will flip to a Yes.

Last edited:
Actually, leave the Synthetic out of that and that sounds like it would make for a Hell of an LE. If it was reasonable, I'd buy it just for the curiosity factor.

Top Bottom