What's new

Ever-ready are liars.

I just bought a NOS Ever-Ready on ebay that is labeled "Pure Badger" despite being obviously Boar bristle. I'll post pics later. It's a "Cased 250"

I just bought a NOS Ever-Ready on ebay that is labeled "Pure Badger" despite being obviously Boar bristle. I'll post pics later. It's a "Cased 250"

I've seen brushes labeled "badger cased" - boar bristles surrounded by badger. I wonder if that the case here.

(get it? - "the case")

edit: Just checked - I have a Century that's labeled on the handle:

Pure Badger
Cased
250​

with "cased" appearing beneath "pure badger" - so it could be interpreted "Pure Badger" and then "Cased 250"

for whatever it's worth.

Last edited:
Wow. Ok. I just lathered with it, and I think it is a badger/boar mix. It's a core of some very soft boar (I think) surrounded by some shorter lofted badger. I'll take pics tonight.

Haha, your post came while I was typing this, but yes... now that it's "bloomed" it looks very much like that is the case. :lol:

I cannot wait to see that one.

I have a Success brush that is badger cased boar and it works quite well. It would be fun to get a knot like that now.

Like a badger pretty much. I was actually lathering it to get the break-in started and I immediately noticed that it was lathering like a badger brush. It made me go, "huh?". Behaves like a fairly loose packed pure/best badger, but not prickly or scritchy like they can be.

...yup, pure badger cased!

I have an Ever-Ready almost identical to yours - a 250 - but on the butt of the handle of mine is imprinted "Badger & Bristle."

Quite a nice little brush.

Phil,

Was that brush on eBay recently, and did you get it? I was watching that one, but fell asleep at the wheel. That's a cool brush, would have made a nice gift alongside something like a gold fatboy executive back in the day.

This happens so often on here. I remember about a year ago member t-rick and I would cross swords about twice a week on auctions. We finally started communicating and think we paid a little less after that. It was the gentlemanly thing to do.

Congrats. It's a beaut. I picked up the butterscotch 750 (also inbound) so I can't be too angry.

It would be fun to get a knot like that now.

I believe Leon was considering having Semogue do a Cased (badger & Boar) brush for the 2010 LE, he did a poll gauging interest... but the response he got was pretty negative. Most people just wanted another special boar. Now that I've quite by chance happened across one, I'll give it a go and maybe my vote for the 2011LE as a cased will flip to a Yes.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
We'll ask them for a synthetic cased in horse hair cased in boar bristle cased in badger and watch their head explode.

The Turducken of shaving brushes.

Actually, leave the Synthetic out of that and that sounds like it would make for a Hell of an LE. If it was reasonable, I'd buy it just for the curiosity factor.

Top Bottom