What's new

Ever Ready 300 Restore

Alright Mike, any more tips on getting the lucite off? I've soaked and soaked but its on there really well. I was trying to think if I had anything in the house to get the glue to weaken but I'm at a loss.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Alright Mike, any more tips on getting the lucite off? I've soaked and soaked but its on there really well. I was trying to think if I had anything in the house to get the glue to weaken but I'm at a loss.

You can try scoring the break between the lucite and rubber with a knife. The lucite is harder than the rubber and you may damage the black rubber but it can be sanded out.
Good luck

You can try scoring the break between the lucite and rubber with a knife. The lucite is harder than the rubber and you may damage the black rubber but it can be sanded out.
Good luck
I was thinking of doing exactly that. I'll have to give it a try. I know I can repair the black part if needed. I just really want to be able to get at the top of the lucite and getting it polished properly before putting it all back together.

Amazing work!! i've got an ever ready that i'm working on now and this idea made my day!!
Have you completed any others?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Thanks, these two 300's are the only ones I tricked out, all of my others were just regular sanding and knot replacement.

Top Bottom