What's new

Ever get (Happily) "stuck" on one blade?!?

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I can't seem to use any other straight razor lately than my Mappin & Webb 5/8 "Nulli Secundus" staright razor. It came to me from Lynn & Don via the SRP classifieds and has been absolutely the BEST shaver among the 20 odd straights that I have put to my face in the last year or so. The balance of the razor itself seems to really suit me.The handsome genuine Ivory scales are beautiful and it is very comfortable in my hand as I both strop it and shave with it. It renders the closest shaves time after time. Originally it was a part of a handsome 7 day set as this one is the "Saturday" blade. Gosh, I only wished I had the complete set as I have trouble picking up any other razor that I own lately.

I know that variety is the spice of life, but if nothing in your current arsenal shaves you better and performs as well, it just makes sense to enjoy it on a daily basis I suppose. Anyone else finding themselves happily stuck on one blade?

Attachments

• $100_1677.JPG
    338.4 KB · Views: 380
  • $100_1684.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 370
  • $100_1716.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 380
If it works, it works.

I completely understand. I still rotate through the razors I have, but really look forward to when the Taylor's Eye Witnesses come around. :thumbup1:

I rotate razors. But I do get stuck where I might use a few more often than the others. Today was the first day in months that I used one of my TIs; once upon a time I used it a few days a week. Now I look forward to using it again!

I rotate, but every once in a while I will get stuck on a razor for a week or so. Usually an 8/8+ 1/4 grind W&B...always gives me effortless BBS shaves. I have other razors that shave as well, but none that make it so easy:cool:

I try to rotate razors, but I keep coming back to the Robert KLaas Craine and my Roberson.

not usually one but occasionally, but quite often on a group of straights that are all very similar either in the make, the grind, size or some other unique characteristic or perhaps just doubles :biggrin:

I have a great shaving razor from Scotland with a Sheffield blade that I can't seem to keep out of my hands.

I know where your coming from. I have been "stuck" on Sheffield blades for sometime now. I still rotate razors but with the Sheffields are where I spend most of my time.

Well yes and than again... Have so many gr8 straights that i wish i could shave 10 times a day..... :biggrin:

btw. nice looking straight!

Let the hating begin...

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pretty close to getting "stuck" on my new Tally Ho.....but then I just finished off my Double Arrow modifications, so I'll have to try it out.....:wink:

Conflicted feelings whether you stick with one razor, or if you jump from razor to razor.

Exquisite cased 7 day set. I knew these were among your favorites.

Back to your original question though - I shave most often with my 5/8 Damascus TI. It's just such a weird shave (makes no noise, zero flex, etc) and I have an emotional bond to the blasted thing, since I spent weeks upon weeks honing it.

Back to your original question though - I shave most often with my 5/8 Damascus TI. It's just such a weird shave (makes no noise, zero flex, etc) and I have an emotional bond to the blasted thing, since I spent weeks upon weeks honing it.

I just picked up a german razor last week that claims to be damascus. I'm curious to see if it's different than my other razors.

Well, if it shaves as great as it looks.........I can certainly understand!

Yes, I am hooked on my BBLE Zowada and feel very fortunate to have been able to snag one so late in the game. Everything about it is just so.......right......and man does it hold an edge.

I almost never reach for any other razor.

I *might* use the BBLE Le Grelot that Alex rescaled for me in Paua if I could ever get the edge right on it! That's one razor that arrived and has remained as dull as a butter knife. Looks pretty though.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom