What's new

Escher/Thuringian love. show of your rocks

Latest addition to my Thuri family. An S.R. Droescher "Barber Gem" sized hone. A Blue Green colored stone with matching rubber.

View attachment 883542 View attachment 883543 View attachment 883544

This is my Unicorn! Ever since I started shaving with a straight, I’ve wanted a SRD Thuringian. My very first NOS straight razor finds were a S.R. Droescher Blue Diamond and a SRD Quick & Easy. They are wonderful razors, but man those stones aren’t easy to find! Congratulations, please share photos once it’s lapped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A gentleman never tells... :001_302:

I don’t have that many honestly, maybe 8-10. Ish. Are you still getting along with yours?

Wow, really? It feels like you must have in the range of 20-30, you aren’t hiding them from yourself are you?

I love my Barbers Delight, it’s an amazing stone. They will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers! Now if I could only find that SRD Thuringian I’ll be set!

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Wow, really? It feels like you must have in the range of 20-30, you aren’t hiding them from yourself are you?
The only person I hide stones from is my wife. Haha

I love my Barbers Delight, it’s an amazing stone. They will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers! Now if I could only find that SRD Thuringian I’ll be set!
You will be set until your next HAD comes along!

That bit about sticking to the lapping plate reminds me of my Y/G Escher with the "Guaranteed Soft" label. It is quite soft like that when lapping as well. I think you will like it.

Over time I have slowly gotten rid of my harder blue Thuringians and really gone toward the light green and yellow. I find them to be over achievers compared to the rest.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
View attachment 898394 View attachment 898395 View attachment 898396
I landed the unicorn. I’ve alwsys heard how good these are so I’m excited to test it out. It’s so soft it stuck to my DiaFlat. First two pics are as received and last pic is lapped and ready for some steel.

Nice, very nice stone, box and label. Been looking for a Fox 44 for some years with no luck. Happy honing

This is my Unicorn! Ever since I started shaving with a straight, I’ve wanted a SRD Thuringian. My very first NOS straight razor finds were a S.R. Droescher Blue Diamond and a SRD Quick & Easy. They are wonderful razors, but man those stones aren’t easy to find! Congratulations, please share photos once it’s lapped!

Funny, a Fox 44 is one of several unicorns to me. Here is a second SRD i just made a box for I have had for a few years. Have not decided To glue label back on or put inside top of case with a plexiglass cover.

IMG_2361.JPG

Nice, very nice stone, box and label. Been looking for a Fox 44 for some years with no luck. Happy honing

Funny, a Fox 44 is one of several unicorns to me. Here is a second SRD i just made a box for I have had for a few years. Have not decided To glue label back on or put inside top of case with a plexiglass cover.

View attachment 898592

Wow look at that box, gorgeous!

It looks like it was at a transition point between and are a bit mixed. The bottom where the label was affixed partially was jacked and they just slapped it on anyway

20180728_175110.jpg

timwcic

"Look what I found"
This was a nice score in a rather tatty wood box. It is unmarked and unlabeled. The size of a Barbers Delight, 6 x 2 with rub stone. Both are light green in color.

F1F2D45A-CD92-4AA7-A2E7-146CA3BAB68F-20590-00000D2730B07AF3.jpeg
03B0BDD5-F646-4533-A3B6-CBC8185374BA-20590-00000D27D0F2B74E.jpeg
B38B60A0-68CA-464F-A882-19E20AD07B5B-20590-00000D27FC63AAE8.jpeg

Top Bottom