What's new

Epsilon fragrances

They say the Blue Mediterranean is the reincarnated Floid Blue but I never had the original. The amber is a nice one but I couldn’t stand the Scottish Spirit it was nauseating. I had the same feeling with Pinaud Whisky Woods.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
They say the Blue Mediterranean is the reincarnated Floid Blue but I never had the original. The amber is a nice one but I couldn’t stand the Scottish Spirit it was nauseating. I had the same feeling with Pinaud Whisky Woods.
I tried the Blue Mediterranean. It's not bad. I've tried some of the aftershaves that are supposed to be close to the Floid Blue, but they just weren't Floid Blue. I still don't know why Floid discontinued it. Now Floid is down to two aftershaves. Don't know why. What does the Amber from Epsilon smell like? What season would you say is best to wear it?

I tried the Blue Mediterranean. It's not bad. I've tried some of the aftershaves that are supposed to be close to the Floid Blue, but they just weren't Floid Blue. I still don't know why Floid discontinued it. Now Floid is down to two aftershaves. Don't know why. What does the Amber from Epsilon smell like? What season would you say is best to wear it?
It’s a Barbershop scent in the line of the old Spanish Floids but doesn’t have as much menthol as Floid Vigoroso. The scent will work for the colder season if you don’t mind the mild menthol.

They now also have a green/mint one as well so I guess they were going after Proraso Green but I haven’t tried it yet.

I use both the Blue Mediterrainian and Classic Mint lines regularly, and consider Epsilon to be a fairly high quality. I have the Preshave/soap/aftershave for both, and also the balm for the Blue Med.

The Blue Med is right in there with the other 'blue barbershop' scents from other maufacturers. I enjoy it's scent the most out that group.

The Classic Mint aftershave is straight up Proraoso Green knockoff. The preshave and soap are less menthol forward than Proraso, but it makes a fine warm weather daily driver.

Perfromance from both are very good with no negative notes. As always, YMMV

The Classic Mint aftershave is straight up Proraoso Green knockoff. The preshave and soap are less menthol forward than Proraso, but it makes a fine warm weather daily driver.

Perfromance from both are very good with no negative notes. As always, YMMV

Thanks. I have the Blue and was wondering about the Mint (green).

I have Epsilon Amber, Blue Mediterranean and Scottish Spirit, but have not yet tried their latest creation, Classic Mint.

Amber seems to be Epsilon’s take on classic Floïd (I usually bought the Spanish Floïd Masaje Vigoroso or Suave versions), Blue Mediterranean tries to emulate Floïd Blue, and in case of their Scottish Spirit I can’t really say, but it certainly does not smell like any Malt that I ever drank. :001_cool:

All three also have similarities with various Myrsol products, since Myrsol too created scents that can stand in for Floïd. Myrsol, of course, has produced these scents much longer than Epsilon, but if someone already has Myrsol F/Extra or Myrsol Antesol, and Myrsol Blue there is no real reason to buy Epsilon equivalents.
I would even go as far as to say that I prefer Myrsol over Epsilon by a small margin.

Nonetheless, I like the three Epsilon scents and don’t mind that they are, like Floïd and Myrsol, fleeting.
Among the three Epsilons I probably use Scottish Spirit least often, but find it nice enough, certainly not “nauseating” as someone described it. Tastes, of course differ, and one man’s meat is another man’s poison:thumbup1:

B.

Last edited:
AMBRE D'OR, CHRISTIAN PROVENZANO

Attachments

• 20231211_220302-01.jpeg
    20231211_220302-01.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6
I would try to get samples. Verbal descriptions of scent only go so far and scent is very personal. What smells good to one person may smell icky to another.

In the U.S., Maggards has samples in little spray bottles. I have samples of Scottish Spirit and the Blue. I like both well enough but wouldn't rank them in my top 5 aftershaves. I might grab a full bottle of the Blue when the summer comes around.

I would try to get samples. Verbal descriptions of scent only go so far and scent is very personal. What smells good to one person may smell icky to another.

In the U.S., Maggards has samples in little spray bottles. I have samples of Scottish Spirit and the Blue. I like both well enough but wouldn't rank them in my top 5 aftershaves. I might grab a full bottle of the Blue when the summer comes around.
I agree on samples whenever possible - I've got 5 or 6 sample bottles to PIF in 2024 that I thought for sure would be in my wheelhouse but did not agree with me at all.

The Classic Mint aftershave is straight up Proraoso Green knockoff
I wonder if I could get you to elaborate on this, as I am considering getting the Epsilon "Classic Mint".
Would you say that Epsilon Classic Mint is closer to Green Proraso (which also contains eucalyptus oil/scent and witchhazel), or to Myrsol "Formula K" (which is a straight mint scent, and only active ingredients are sorbitol, alcohol and menthol) ....?
Or, how would you say the three compare ...?

I wonder if I could get you to elaborate on this, as I am considering getting the Epsilon "Classic Mint".
Would you say that Epsilon Classic Mint is closer to Green Proraso (which also contains eucalyptus oil/scent and witchhazel), or to Myrsol "Formula K" (which is a straight mint scent, and only active ingredients are sorbitol, alcohol and menthol) ....?
Or, how would you say the three compare ...?
Classic Mint has a firm foot in the Proraso camp from a scent standpoint .... I'd say slightly better performance on the skin care side. I enjoy both very much.

Myrsol is straight up peppermint and is it's own thing comparatively. It is a short lived blast.. very cooling and refreshing.. definitely more menthol than the other two ... it's a more refined Osage Rub vibe with solid, but not exceptional skin performance. I'm a huge Myrsol fan .... and Formula K is exactly what you would expect from that brand.

Hope this helps a bit !

Top Bottom