What's new

Electric trolling motor?

So I got this boat. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CCZIN4...e=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B001CCZIN4

It has a motor mount, and I want to put the simplest, I mean SIMPLEST possible electric motor on it, preferably interal battery, super easy and simple. Does such a thing exist. Do not want anything with a separate battery and charger, does NOT need much power at all, barely moving is fine, as long as were moving.

So, fellow b&b brethren...what can you tell me. Price not really a concern.

Thanks!!!

Thanks. I know I saw an electric motor with an integrated battery that came WITH an inflatable in some catalog years ago. An internet search has been fruitless. Perhaps it just didn't work too well. Oh well...I guess I'll have to row like a chump.

Even if you could find one I don't think it would be worth the trouble. You can get small motors that run off of a real small battery and produce enough thrust to push that little thing wherever you want to go.

Thanks. My concern with any exposed contacts, etc is that I will often have my three year old daughter in the boat with me. I didn't want there to be anything she could get her little hands on exposed. More for when it's taken out of the water and I might not be as 100% vigilent on keeping an eye on her (on the water, of course, my eyes don't leave her, she's just too young). I might have to head over to Bass or Cabelas to see how the battery is attached, and where it would sit. Does it go in the boat? Is there a place for it on the motor mount? Is it contained? These are all answers I'll try to find on my own. Was more coming on here to see if the motor I saw once was known by any of you guys.

I'm looking for a really tiny little motor...maybe 1.1Kw 18lb motor. Just enough to move us around the shoreline against the light current we have. Really not much of a current. I use the tiny little oars to move us around without much strain.

Thanks! I looked up that company, and the smallest one looks perfect for what I want (it's actually a kayak motor, but for my tiny inflatable, that should be fine, if I can figure out a way to mount it.)

Wowsers....they're a TAD more expensive! When I said price was less important than features, I didn't think I'd be spending TWENTY FIVE times the cost of the boat on the motor! Eeeks!

Top Bottom