What's new

Edwin Jagger or Merkur

I got this baby here coming in the mail, I am pretty sure it will last decades more than any zamak razor from those boutique overpriced brands.

fatip.jpg

I kinda wish Fatip starts making their razors a bit more precise so I won't have to adjust/align or have a hard time placing or removing (some of) my blades from the top cap on my FOCS. The small cosmetic flaws or the fact that I can't use any other handles have to buy one of theirs, since very few others fit are things that if improved would be nice as well, but not as much as the aligment (and the blade stuck on my FOCS) issues. They are great razors and i'm willing to pay 100% more of the price IF they can improve them just a bit more.

I kinda wish Fatip starts making their razors a bit more precise so I won't have to adjust/align or have a hard time placing or removing (some of) my blades from the top cap on my FOCS. The small cosmetic flaws or the fact that I can't use any other handles have to buy one of theirs, since very few others fit are things that if improved would be nice as well, but not as much as the aligment (and the blade stuck on my FOCS) issues. They are great razors and i'm willing to pay 100% more of the price IF they can improve them just a bit more.
oic, since ive started a small collection of razors, i was also looking at Fatip a few days ago too,cheers for the info👍🏼

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I had to change my Jagger top cap after 7 years. It cost me £7.50, and I'm fine with that. A Fatip would last me longer, because I'd end up growing a full beard again. Tried one, and got awful shaves with it. I think I manage 10 shaves with it, then gave it away.

I'll be sticking with my Edwin Jagger DE3D14 as my primary razor, and my Merkur open comb for heavy growth and redefining the goatee boundary.

Choice can be motivated by evaluating the pros:

Edwin Jagger:
- Better plating
- It has a more elegant appearance
- Overall cheaper (unless you choose some specific versions)

Merkur (34C)
- Slightly more efficient
- Heftier (78 g.)
- Brass handle
- The history behind. This model is nearly seventy years old and that makes it a modern "vintage razor", older than your average Fatboy.

Remember also the golden rule: "when in doubt, get both!"

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Choice can be motivated by evaluating the pros:

Edwin Jagger:
- Better plating
- It has a more elegant appearance
- Overall cheaper (unless you choose some specific versions)

Merkur (34C)
- Slightly more efficient
- Heftier (78 g.)
- Brass handle
- The history behind. This model is nearly seventy years old and that makes it a modern "vintage razor", older than your average Fatboy.

Remember also the golden rule: "when in doubt, get both!"

Bravo, Romano! :a14:

I think that we always need to give credit where it is due. In my previous comments in this thread I said that Edwin Jagger did not care about their customers because after two months of trying to contact them to replace a razor head piece that snapped, they did not reply.

Well, it took a while, but they finally answered and shipped the replacement.

Just thought I should come back here and update my situation.

Between EJ DE89 and Merkur 34HD.....Merkur all the way. Now the EJ 3one6 is another story. Awesome stainless razor that shaves very close and comfortable.

I think that we always need to give credit where it is due. In my previous comments in this thread I said that Edwin Jagger did not care about their customers because after two months of trying to contact them to replace a razor head piece that snapped, they did not reply.

Well, it took a while, but they finally answered and shipped the replacement.

Just thought I should come back here and update my situation.

Excellent! Nice to see a fine resolution (especially during the Pandemic). :clap: :clap:

Top Bottom