What's new

Edwin Jagger DE89L

Man oh man. I was hesitant to use the englishshaving company because of ordering overseas. Their check out process was confusing. I took the plunge though and this is crazy cheap.

I only paid $26.58 for this razor shipped to my door. And that is $26.58 US. Not sure how or why it was so cheap because it was listed at $31.50US.

For $26.58 we should all own one of these!

Cheapest I found anywhere on the internet (including Amazon) was $37.00 with most being higher.

EDIT: Just to confirm I contacted my bank and only $26.58 was charged to my account.

Last edited:
Man oh man. I was hesitant to use the englishshaving company because of ordering overseas. Their check out process was confusing. I took the plunge though and this is crazy cheap.

I only paid $26.58 for this razor shipped to my door. And that is $26.58 US. Not sure how or why it was so cheap because it was listed at $31.50US.

For $26.58 we should all own one of these!

You pay VAT (value added tax which is included in the price) if you are in the European Union. The billing systems of online EU sellers automatically deduct the VAT when you checkout, if you are outside the EU.

Newbie here, so please excuse the idiotic question:

Which one of these is the DE89/DE89L??? want to order one but I'm not sure which to pick (specially after reading a few of your comments about handle issues).

Thanks in advance!

Newbie here, so please excuse the idiotic question:

Which one of these is the DE89/DE89L??? want to order one but I'm not sure which to pick (specially after reading a few of your comments about handle issues).

Thanks in advance!

The correct answer is Both! :001_smile

Seriously, this is the unlined - http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/DE89db5||@cTraditional%20safety%20&%20double%20edge%20razors@bEdwin%20Jagger|0|user||15|

and this is the lined - http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/DE89Ldb5||@cTraditional%20safety%20&%20double%20edge%20razors@bEdwin%20Jagger|0|user||15|

LOL, my bad :blush:... thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

If I'm getting an aftermarket handle, it doesn't matter which one of the two I get, right?

The "L" in the part number refers to "lined". The lined part is the vertical lines you see running up and down the handle for added grip.

Well, I guess I'm starting to be afflicted by a case of the RAD... just ordered myself a DE89 ($24.96) from TESC :thumbup:!

Last edited:
I firmly believe TESC is the best place to buy these razors. The prices are great, and the customer service is absolutely superb. I had a slight adjustment to make to my order, and they were extremely helpful. The only problem was the time difference. My email was answered at 2 AM local time.:lol:

My first DE razor,good price, beautifull finish,very good, no cuts for a beginner like me, sliding like a bobsleigh even on a 1 week beard !

I firmly believe TESC is the best place to buy these razors. The prices are great, and the customer service is absolutely superb. I had a slight adjustment to make to my order, and they were extremely helpful. The only problem was the time difference. My email was answered at 2 AM local time.:lol:

TESC ???? Newbie here. Always looking for a good place to purchase.
Thanks

TESC does seem to have really great prices on the EJ 89's. I just picked up a D.R. Harris branded 89, so I'm all set, but if I were still in the market I'd order one up from there.

Top Bottom