What's new

Edge Help

2 razors I had professionally honed early on didn't give me the greatest shave in the beginning, but my technique wasn't that great either. One of them still has the same edge (no touch ups) and I can get a better shave with it now than when it was first honed.
I wouldn't practice honing on a blade you paid to have honed. If you were unsure about the quality of the edge I'm sure someone here would have checked it out for you. When I first started honing I kept two professionally honed razors as standards to compare my own edges too. That really helped me having a standard for comparison.
I don't see the problem with geometry.
If Nate honed it then maybe it is your technique.
That is certainly possible. Or maybe he was expecting a traditional straight to feel and behave like a shavette?? I know my first straight shaves were not that great.
Haven't seen anything to indicate the quality of Nate's work has declined in recent years. I wouldn't want to wait two months for a hone though. Since the razor has had additional honing done you can't really draw any conclusions about the original edge.

Top Bottom