What's new

eBay Frustrations

Has anyone been frustrated by eBay recently? I'm not particularly referring to the sellers, but the buyers! I've been watching some scents for sale, very good deals mind you (T&H, Castle Forbes, etc.), but then jokers will bid on them very early and jack up the price to more than what they're worth. The prices end up being cheaper than the retail of course, but the reason we go to eBay is to get a cheap deal, and most of the colognes do not come with boxes so they should not be high in price IMHO. They should wait until the last minute to bid!!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Then somebody will complain about the sniping.

It's really fair- the item goes to the high bidder, irrespective of when the bid was made.

cologne OFF EBAY,is iffy to say the least.it is like snide city,IMHO :cursing,MUST ADD THERE IS SOME REPUTABLE SELLERS ONTHERE

To me the sniping is irrelevant. The whole point of the bidding is to bid your highest price. When you bid you are saying, "I think this amount is what the auction item is worth." You are also saying that anybody paying more for it is paying too much. The problem is when people get emotionally attached to an item that is not there's yet. Then they get mad when someone is willing to bid more for the item then they were.

cologne OFF EBAY,is iffy to say the least.:cursing:it is like snide city,IMHO :cursing:MUST ADD THERE IS SOME REPUTABLE SEELERS ON THERE.:eek:

I truly despise eBay but for most non-shave related items it really is the best exposure you can buy from a seller's standpoint. Customer service infuriates me. I sold a $200 item almost 20 days ago to a buyer that has been such an evasive nightmare and I'm somewhat stuck for a time--if I Second Chance Offer right away and he decides to pay I'll get stuck with negative feedback.

There are horrific flaws in the system, too bad it doesn't work as well as the B&B B/S/T--today in less than 40 mins I listed (for free) and sold a $90 razor (no final value ripoff fee either). :thumbsup:

With all the complaints and issues with Eboy what you have to ask yourself is, if Eboy disappeared tomorrow would you all be happy about that?

You just place your bid and if its a winner its yours if not you lose. There is nothing cast in stone saying there are bargins on Eboy. They want you to think that and they are there but you can easily pay more than an item is worth. Its like that line from that song form that old broadway musical "you gotta know the territory".

Top Bottom