What's new

Dumbest B & B member!

It's me!
I picked up a couple of Ever Ready razors this weekend. Neither were in bad shape, they just needed a real good cleaning.
I have a pretty neat grilling station on my back porch, big stainless grill and a row of four burners. I cook all of the time outside.
Anyway, I thought I'd clean my razors outside. I got a pot of water boiling with a little dish soap. I turned the burner off and dropped the razors in for a soak. While on the back porch I potted a few plants, cleaned the back door and windows, hosed off the porch, etc., etc..
Problem. I didn't turn the burner off, I turned it up. Doing my spring cleaning, I forgot about my razors. The water evaporated and the razors burned. Black as coal.
I just new they were ruined. Thankfully the chrome is pretty thick. I'm using my Dremel tool with a stainless polishing wheel. They are cleaning up nicely but will take a while.

Dude don't feel bad, I put some Autostrop razor blades to clean in some CLR. Hah that sh*t ate through them.

I'd serve it up with some deep fried razor blades, with cream on the side.
that's some good stuff!

I think a might give you some serious competition for that title.
I discovered that there is a limit to the power rating of an ultra sonic cleaner that a 1941 Ranger Tech can be exposed to and retain it’s plating. I do not have the exact number mind you, but it’s definitely less than 200 watts.

It's me!
I picked up a couple of Ever Ready razors this weekend . . .

I just new they were ruined. Thankfully the chrome is pretty thick. I'm using my Dremel tool with a stainless polishing wheel. They are cleaning up nicely but will take a while.

Always remember one of the prime rules of B&B . . . without pictures it never happened!!!

I'll admit it here (don't tell my wife).

She'd been nagging me to get the propane tank filled. So, one day I did. Connected it... and tested it once to see if everything was working and forgot it. Several days later, she went out to cook and lambasted me for "forgetting" to get the tank filled.

I figured that forgetting to get it filled was better than leaving it burning for days.... so I copped to that! :001_rolle

Post some pics on your progress..

I used one tonight for a GREAT shave! I'll post pictures in a couple of days.

You guys have come up with some good ones at my expense. Love it! I just hope I can remember these comments years from now when I retell the story.

Top Bottom