What's new

DR Harris Soap

Hey,
I wanted to know where you guys buy this soap from. I have tried finding it online but can't find it for less than $18/cake shipped(the refill in lavender). Do they make a sandalwood and does anyone know a good place to get it from? Also, how does this compare to soaps such as Will G's and Sue's St Charles soaps? Thanks, I appreciate it.

It is expensive no matter where you get it from. I got mine from the Gentleman's Shop. Knox Cigar has it as well. They make lavender, almond, and Arlington (cologne) scents. All are wonderful.

I have never tried the soaps you are referring to, but IMO nothing beats the Harris products. If you want something a bit cheaper, the Truefitt and Hill soap, available from www.ashford.com is also fantastic.

Perhaps others will chime in with their sources.

ketan889 said:
Hey, Also, how does this compare to soaps such as Will G's and Sue's St Charles soaps? Thanks, I appreciate it.

Very different beasts.... Will G is going to provide a much thicker, creamier, moist lather - which will leave you skin soft. D.R. Harris, albeit creamy, is not as dense, - ergo you can actually get a closer shave with the DR Harris, but it does not provide as much protection as the Will G's soap. They are both outstanding... the D.R. Harris Lavender scent is good... but not outstanding and the Arlington doesn't drive me wild either, but the almond is rather delightful. I wouldn't say one soap is better than the other - but Will G's certainly offers a superior value. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'd recommend you go the way Scotto pointed you - and pick up a cake of Truefitt and Hill soap. It has a lavender scent to it, and when on sale is the best deal out there (around $7 for a cake of soap that will literally last 8-12 months of daily use.)

The Gentlemans Shop is probably the best place to pick up DR Harris soap.

ketan889 said:
Do all shave soaps last that long, or is it just the DR Harris?

Each soap is a lil different. The hard triple milled english soaps seem to last longest.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Believe it or not, right hear in the heart of NYC- home of the $50 burrito and $100 ice cream sundae- we have an adorable little pharmacy that sells Harris soaps for $15 ($25 for their creams).

ouch said:
Believe it or not, right hear in the heart of NYC- home of the $50 burrito and $100 ice cream sundae- we have an adorable little pharmacy that sells Harris soaps for $15 ($25 for their creams).

Do the soaps come with the bowl or are they only cakes?

I've never thought of Pasteur's as "adorable," but, yes, they sell the soap for $15 and the soap + Bowl for $26 or $27. However, I'm not aware of any delivery service on their part, so this tip is only useful for NYC area folks.

Mike

Top Bottom