What's new

DR Harris brush - where is it made?

A couple of months ago I bought a DR Harris brush in a package with DR Harris Almond shaving soap in a wooden bowl. The brush has a mixture of badger hair. It smelt very badgery and I had it washed, soaked and cleaned with shaving soap for a dozen times. It still smells a bit, but that is going away. I measured the knot size at about 23 mm.

I like the brush. It has a fan-shape which works great for me. It works perfectly lathering soap or cream in a bowl. It feels great on my skin, not too soft and not too floppy. Now I wonder where in England and by which company it is made. I cannot find a mark, other than the DR Harris logo on it. Anyone of you got an idea?

I've put some pictures in so you can view it.

Attachments

• $IMG_3728.jpg
    $IMG_3728.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 236
  • $IMG_3729.jpg
    $IMG_3729.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 232
Rooney! I think that's a cool brush, a combination of my two favorite things: Rooney and D.R. Harris.

Edit: presumably made in England, though since the company is hard to reach there has been some controversy about that, if memory serves.

I have two of these brushes, an H1 (Rooney 1/1) and a H2 (Rooney 1/2). The H1 has a 22mm knot while the H2 has a 24mm knot. I confirmed via email with Lee Sabini that these brushes are made by Rooney in England. Two of my favorite brushes.

$Photo1031.jpg

I will add to the post above, the brushes that come with the D.R. Harris kits have mixed hair. If you go to their website and order and H1, H2, or H3 brush, they are best badger hair like the two I have.

johnny would you mind sending me lee's e-mail address via pm?
I've been looking for it for some time. I am trying to return a shedding rooney brush.

Marvellous guys, thank you so much for your info. I always wanted to try out a Rooney but got handbraked by SHMBO, and now I've got one!

A Tweet from Mark Watterson of Vulfix:

Could a B&B member please correct a theme on the D. R. Harris thread? Vulfix makes those brushes, inc. design of the handle & then copied.

Could a B&B member please correct a theme on the D. R. Harris thread? Vulfix makes those brushes, inc. design of the handle & then copied.

Wow, that was quick. And good news as well: I've got a Vulfix to add to my Simpsons. Now I'm still lurking for a Rooney..... :001_smile

Just love the handle. It's somewhat similar to the Grosvenor's except a single ring instead of two.

Last edited:
I take that message from Mark to read that Rooney copied the design if the handles from Vulfix. If that's the case, they must have copied it a long time ago as Rooney has been using that handle design for many years.

Top Bottom