What's new

Dr Bronner's: first try = fail!

A lot of emails come through our customer service account from people having difficulties opening the Dr. Bronner’s Shikakai pump soaps. Here is a quick demonstration of how to do it. If this doesn’t help, still contact that email address...
reference

I can't help feeling sad that the world has come to the point where you can't even open soap without consulting the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for part 2 of the series, "How to dispense the soap". BTW, I really like Dr Bronners pump soap, and you only need to use a little bit at a time so a bottle will last you a while.

I can't help feeling sad that the world has come to the point where you can't even open soap without consulting the internet.
Well, I'm sure a lot of people would (and, in fact, do) say the same thing about something as simple as removing facial hair. Or styling your hair. Or making tea or coffee. ....But look where we are.

Personally I don't see a problem with it. The internet has become a knowledge base. And at least the company cares enough to demonstrate something its customers are having trouble with. Or even respond to customer inquiries about their products with resources like this to begin with. A lot of companies don't bother.

Well, I'm sure a lot of people would (and, in fact, do) say the same thing about something as simple as removing facial hair. Or styling your hair. Or making tea or coffee. ....But look where we are.

Personally I don't see a problem with it. The internet has become a knowledge base. And at least the company cares enough to demonstrate something its customers are having trouble with. Or even respond to customer inquiries about their products with resources like this to begin with. A lot of companies don't bother.

I think that there is a certain cut off level.

I'm not going to search how to put on my belt, but I would go on and try to figure out why a belt is better than suspenders or side tighteners (many would argue they aren't).

I am certainly all in favor of companies putting more effort into customer service though.

I was surprised to see that Dr Bronner's actually posted this. But it is the first time I've encountered one that opened like this without some printing on the bottle. I think they forgot the printing on some of the bottles, like mine.

All I meant was that a bottle shouldn't be so complicated to open. I broke several squirt things lately, two when opening them, but mostly dropping wet, slippery bottles in the shower. That's why I decided to look online before attempting force.

Oh. I thought you meant it in the sense that people should know how to open a container...as in the way some people lament how skills and knowledge have eroded in the modern age.

On the topic of Dr. Bronner's though, how are their soaps? I used the peppermint liquid soap one time when I was younger, and I remember the person who gifted it to me saying "Now, you need to dilute this a bit..." and of course I didn't. I used it as straight bodywash, and I found it to be somewhat drying. The citrus variety intrigues me, though.

It's my first bottle & just got it, so I have no definite opinion. It's lemongrass-lime scenterd shikakai hand soap. I expect a natural soap to feel very drying, and this isn't as bad as I expected. It seems to leave some sort of conditioner behind, but compared to other conditioning soaps my hands & face feel very clean. The bottle say it's the shikakai. This is my frst time using Bronner's, and aside from the underlying scent of rotten olive oil which all castille soaps have, it does a nice job for what I need: mostly to wash my hands & face. I wash a lot because I'm always rubbing my eyes (before you ask, my optometrist says I should) and getting junk in them from my hands, and it seems good for that. Very gentle, good & clean, and doesn't burn my eyes, so it stays for now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom