What's new

Dorco STP-301

I'm a creature of habit. I stick to Mühle R41, Shark Stainless blades and a non-brand silvertip from www.shaving.ie for my daily shave routine. I get a week of BBS performance from each blade, and this has been my routine for the past 2+ years (I will admit to using a few different soaps and creams, as well as a few classic EDTs/EDPs).
When I did a 6+ month evaluation of all blades at the start of my DE odyssey 4 years ago, from Feather to Derby, I selected the Sharks. My #2 was Dorco ST-301. So I was intrigued to learn of the relatively new yet still very inexpensive STP-301, on sale for US residents direct from their website. I signed up for 50 of them to try, for $5.75 incl shipping. The unit price is much lower if you sign up for a large quantity - 6.3¢ each if you sign up for 1,000. Now *that's* cheap.
I am very impressed so far, they are as good as my trusty Sharks. Sharp enough for the R41 to work its magic, but no so lethal that I run the risk of a bloodbath.
I'm surprised there's not much chatter about these great blades. The packaging is very clean and modern, and thankfully lacks the annoying glue spots that others favor. There was a little card in the shipment from the CEO (US-based), featuring his email address, asking for feedback. A nice touch!
These may not be the blade for everyone, but I would encourage those wanting to try yet another inexpensive and smooth blade to give them a go. Especially those who go "open comb"!

Top Bottom