What's new

Does anyone have a Moccamaster? (Or Breville Precision brewer? Or GE Cafe?)

I stayed with a cousin last week that has a Moccamaster with the tall stainless carafe. It’s shocking how well it brewed coffee, even middle of the road commercial coffee. Blew me away. Can’t imagine buying anything but a Moccamaster when the time comes.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I just noticed... Amazon has Moccamasters at 34% off retail... though their listed retail price is a bit high. Still... if you are a Prime member, it's a pretty good price.

I just noticed... Amazon has Moccamasters at 34% off retail... though their listed retail price is a bit high. Still... if you are a Prime member, it's a pretty good price.
From what I have seen, this is a good price. Pretty much the price of a refurbished model directly from the mfgr.

I stayed with a cousin last week that has a Moccamaster with the tall stainless carafe. It’s shocking how well it brewed coffee, even middle of the road commercial coffee. Blew me away. Can’t imagine buying anything but a Moccamaster when the time comes.
Having now used both the stainless carafe and the glass, I much prefer the glass with heating element. The coffee is hotter and consistently good even if I take a hour to get to the rest of the pot. The carafe was never warm enough and cools quickly in my experience. Not interested in preheating the carafe.

I have the stainless moccamaster. I love it. I rarely drink coffee after my 2 or 3 cups in the AM and my wife doesn't mind popping her afternoon cup in the microwave. So the stainless carafe model works well for us. One thing I do is keep Cafiza cleaner on hand and occasionally let it sit in the carafe for a few hours to get the inside looking brand new again.

Top Bottom