What's new

Do you use a shave stick?

I've never really given them a second thought until I stumbled across the ever-famous Palmolive stave sticks for a couple of bucks at the pharmacy. I saw the tutorials about them on the wiki, but thought I'd ask around.

Anybody actually use these things?

P

Pjotr

Absolutely. Aside from a few soft soaps and creams, they're the only things I use. Foolproof way to get fantastic lather every time. You're not restricted to what's commercially available in sticks either as it's a piece of cake to turn a puck in to a stick. There are some great soap sticks out there too. Tabac, Speick, Valobra etc etc.

Thanks, Pjotr! Tabac's on the "to buy" list already, and have heard great things about Speick. Didn't realise they came in stick form. Cheers!

I love Palmolive sticks. I've been using one the last few days.

Fantastic lather, easy to use.

Nothing about them I don't like.

I use Tabac Shave stick and Mama Bear Shave sticks for travel - quick & easy to use in shower. I still prefer regular puck soap for daily use at home.

Shave sticks are a wonderful invention, no wetshaver should be without. Although my choice for travelling, they serve for home shaving as well. Foolproof lather makers, compact, and tidy. Valobra and La Toja are my preferred sticks.:thumbup1:

I actually don't use anything except shave sticks. It's an easy and quick way of getting enough soap onto the face and into the brush.

Get a few of them. Palmolive sticks are on the list of Grade-A values in the shaving market. If you decide you don't like sticks, mill them into a bowl for an awesome Shave Soap or trade them on B/S/T.

P

Pjotr

When I use soaps that don't come in stick form, I still face-lather with them. They work just as well.

It's very easy to turn pucks in to a more manageable stick form but I guess it doesn't really matter what shapes it's in.

I don't use the regularly but shave sticks are great. Palmolive, Spieck, Valobra, La Toja are some of the great ones.

I take a shave stick when I travel. Certainly most of the European versions are high quality and are a pleasure to shave with.

When I was starting out, I bypassed them. I went straight for the expensive creams. Now that I know a little better, I always get my best shaves from shave sticks, Palmolive being my favorite. I have only used Palmolive (EU version), MB's lime, Arko and a VDH deluxe I made myself. They are, in my opinion, the cheapest, most effective and cleanest way to shave. By using a stick, you combine lathering and prep. I still bowl lather my creams and soaps, but I face lather them more often because when you build lather on your face, the hair and skin are better prepaired. You MUST try one. If you don't want to buy one, make one from your favorite soap!

u.s. on-line source for the "E.U." version of the vaunted palmolive shave stick??
thanks,
jr/john

Fendrihan will ship your way, and they have the tallow version. That's where I get mine. Bullgose has Palmolive, but it doesn't specify if it has tallow. It is made in Germany though, so it should be what you want.

Top Bottom