What's new

Do you hot or cold rinse while shaving?

Not the final rinse before you put the razor away but while you're actually actively shaving. I always used to hot rinse, but I read somewhere it's better to cold rinse. The razor keeps a better edge and other benefits. What's your experience?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I use only really cold water for shaving, the colder the better, and as a result I prefer shaving in the winter months. I rinse my razor as needed using the same cold water and sometimes rinse my face between passes. It is for the best possible reason that I use really cold water - it feels great 👍

The older i get the more aversion to cold i seem to have, so no, I rinse in warm, if I rinse at all before applying more lather.

I can imagine though, that cold water would tighten the skin and make stubble more pronounced and therefore more conducive to a closer shave.

I warm rinse, if I rinse at all between passes. I hot rinse the razor, but I don't always want to take away the leftover lather before I add more to my neck.

I'm interested in trying all cold water shaving, but I'm still learning my new razor and brush.

I love the cold rinse at the end though!

Yes.

By which I mean, I usually rinse with the shave water in my sink. That is usually a lukewarm temp, because in winter (2 whole months) the tap water is chilly here, and for the remaining 10 it's tepid. Usually I dissolve some baking soda into the water for slipperiness, and after my first rinse the mix is soapy or has cream in it. But as for temp? Lukewarm.

I cold rinse between passes. It tightens the skin making the stubble stand up stiff and easier to cut with each pass.
In my experience since I was turned on to it, it gives a very close comfortable smooth shave. With no irritation.
A barber buddy recommended it I tried it and have done so probably 90% if the time since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the final rinse before you put the razor away but while you're actually actively shaving. I always used to hot rinse, but I read somewhere it's better to cold rinse. The razor keeps a better edge and other benefits. What's your experience?
I think there might be some CONFUSION here. 😳

You’re referring to just the BLADE, right? 🪒

Otherwise, WHY would you rinse your face BEFORE you’re done? 🤔

I think there might be some CONFUSION here. 😳

You’re referring to just the BLADE, right? 🪒

Otherwise, WHY would you rinse your face BEFORE you’re done? 🤔
Yeah, a lot of confusion. I was referring to the razor (and the blade), not the face. But it's been interesting and informative learning how guys rinse their faces too.

Top Bottom