What's new

Do you hot or cold rinse while shaving?

Yeah, a lot of confusion. I was referring to the razor (and the blade), not the face. But it's been interesting and informative learning how guys rinse their faces too.
Thanks for clearing that up, bro! 👍🏼

Definitely an important distinction.

So, as to BLADES, I’m pretty sure I’ve read that it is preferable if up you rinsed them in COLD water, maybe something do with preserving the coating on them? 🤔

As for me, and I’ll bet, many others, I prefer the WARM feel of having that hot steel glide across my face, coating be damned! 😉

I've moved towards using lukewarm to slightly cool water throughout my shave. My reasoning is that any extremes in temperature can only result in more irritation to my skin during an activity that already, by its nature, causes irritation.

Warm rinse for the razor, because it feels nicer.

I also like to pretend that any warm water droplets stuck in between the plate, blade, and cap will evaporate faster than cold ones. The difference is probably negligible...

Warm and or hot water can cause slight puffiness in the skin. So if you get irritation, a cool water rinse can fix that.

The main reason i like cool is that the cool water soothes my face between passes. Feels great.

I also like how I never have to wait for the hot to get to the faucet.

(Sent from mobile)

Thanks for clearing that up, bro! 👍🏼

Definitely an important distinction.

So, as to BLADES, I’m pretty sure I’ve read that it is preferable if up you rinsed them in COLD water, maybe something do with preserving the coating on them? 🤔

As for me, and I’ll bet, many others, I prefer the WARM feel of having that hot steel glide across my face, coating be damned! 😉
Yeah, I gotta agree with you. I've tried cold rinsing, and I didn't cut myself, but I felt like I was going to cut myself. For me, the hotter the better. And my blades last too long as it is. (They keep me from trying other blades.)

Yeah, I gotta agree with you. I've tried cold rinsing, and I didn't cut myself, but I felt like I was going to cut myself. For me, the hotter the better. And my blades last too long as it is. (They keep me from trying other blades.)
Oh, no, I never had a fear of CUTTING myself, but like MOST people, I prefer HOT water on my skin to cold, with the exception of the FINAL rinse of my face after shaving. Something about closing the pores.

Blades lasting long? Really? Mine only last me a good THREE shaves, four tops. 💈

Warm or cold water to rinse the blade while shaving. I used to rinse the blade in hot water but burned myself a few times when the razor touched my skin so switched to warm, so now it’s usually cold water. And cold water for sure to rinse the soap off my face. I just like the way it feels.

Top Bottom